Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Senior Specialist in Deal Advisory and Strategy Analytics for our Deal Advisory practice.
* Assess, capture, and translate complex business issues and solution requirements into a structured use case, including rapid learning of industry standards and development of effective work stream plans
* Assist the development of big data analytics and cloud applications to facilitate the work of data scientists and solution developers
* Design, build, launch, optimize, and extend full-stack data and business intelligence solutions spanning extraction, storage, transformation, and visualization layers
* Support build of big data environments that enable analytics solutions on a variety of big data platforms
* A minimum of three years of experience working as a data engineer
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or Science from an accredited college/university
* Experience writing and maintaining extract, transform, and load scripts (ETLs) which operate on a variety of structured and unstructured sources
* Familiarity with programming methodologies such as version control, testing, and QA as well as development methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile
* Experience working on cloud platforms AWS, Azure, and GCP as well as programming languages Python, Scala, Java and C++
* Experience in identifying opportunities for product improvement
* Willingness and ability to travel, including potential international travel
* Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.