Job FamilyIT Architecture
Job Description SummaryTransamerica has been helping people feel better about the future for more than 100 years, and we're proud of the trust we've earned. But we believe our responsibility goes beyond insurance, investments, and retirement accounts. We're also in the business of helping people improve their financial and personal well-being, so they can add more years to their lives, and more life to their years.
At Transamerica, we are innovating the next generation of technology solutions applying: API first, microservice based, cloud native, and data driven decision processes.
The Sr. Solution Architect is responsible for the design, architecture and support of systems, services and applications required for Nextgen solution architecture that's compatible for cloud, API first, microservice based design within the organization.Job Description
* Oversees the Architectural Review process for application development in the division.
* Assists application teams in adopting technology or processes to align with strategic objectives.
* Assists application teams with implementation of technical solutions to business services within the division's Architecture.
* Work collaboratively with other architects, data scientists, analytics teams, and business product owners in an agile environment.
* Architect, build and support microservices development compatible with Cloud and On-Premises infrastructure.
* Design robust, reusable and scalable cloud native solutions and data pipeline frameworks to automate the ingestion, processing and consumption mechanism.
* Recommend the selection and integration of data related tools, frameworks and applications required to expand our platform capabilities.
* Learn and keep pace with the latest advances in the field; rapidly grasp new technologies to support the environment and contribute to project deliverables.
* May coach staff.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, mathematics, physics, engineering, MIS, or equivalent experience
* Minimum of 5 years professional IT experience with previous architecture experience required.
* Familiarity with software development methodologies.
* Proficient in Linux and Windows OS including CLI, basic commands and shell scripting(powershell, bash)
* Architecting scalable containerized applications with container orchestration framework.
* Execution of DevOps methodologies and Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery
* Thorough Knowledge of open API Specification, REST, API designs, Security and implementation
* Understanding of big data and real time streaming analytics processing architecture and ecosystems
* Software development experience in relevant programming languages (i.e. Spark, Java, Python, Scala, Node.js, SQL)
* Analytical & problem-solving skills, Technical communication skillsThe ability to work in a team environment
* Financial Services industry experience desired.
* Excellent verbal, written communication skills, analytical and problem-solving skills
* Experience with data analysis and using data visualization tools to describe data
* Technology or platform certifications (e.g. AWS, Azure, Microsoft)
* Has appreciable latitude for un-reviewed action or decision.
* Normal office environment.
Why Work for Us
Total Rewards at Transamerica: It's more than a paycheck.
Our comprehensive Total Rewards package is designed to help support you in many ways - throughout all stages of your life and career. We provide a competitive, market-driven program that encompasses base compensation, bonus potential, retirement, health and wellness benefits, learning and development opportunities, plus great employee perks. All designed with you in mind… to help you live your best life, grow personally and professionally - and feel valued for the work you do.
Learn more about our Total Rewards Package.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Transamerica Life Insurance Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
Applicants with physical or mental disabilities may be entitled to a form of reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state and local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will insure equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Transamerica Companies. Please contact: email@example.com if you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require assistance to apply for one of our jobs.
Our Company is committed to providing accessibility to those with disabilities in a manner that is consistent with the principles of independence, dignity, integration and equality of opportunity, that is in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005 ("AODA"). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require assistance to apply for one of our jobs.
If you experience technical problems during the application process, please email email@example.com.