Mimecast is looking for an experienced Senior QA Automation Engineer for the storage group. Within the QA team at Mimecast, you will work alongside the Development and Technical Operations Group to understand the current software, to understand what new features are being added, to create scalable and automated test cases for a distributed storage environment, and to fully participate in activities to ensure stability within the software, both in pre-production and production.
The ideal candidate will be a someone who possesses excellent problem solving skills, a diverse set of technical experience, skill in problem analysis and decomposition, the ability to communicate clearly, an ability to work independently, and an ability to understand a problem at both a high and detail level. The ideal candidate will develop effective working relationships with all areas of the business, including the storage team, the larger QA organization, and with the software development groups that utilize the storage. The business is fast paced, at times pressurised, but always fun.
* The development, automation, and debugging of System Validation, Certification and other ad-hoc test specifications
* Generation of Project Test Plans and Test Cases and the realization of these test plans in a nightly automated test run
* Hosting document reviews as required
* Testing and overall quality of the storage systems
* Updating and maintaining the regression test suite as the product evolves, converting existing tests to a Java environment
* Identifying and effectively communicating technical issues, risks, and inter-component dependencies
* Working closely with developers and team leaders on a day-to-day basis, providing additional support in troubleshooting software issues
* Occasionally assisting other departments with customer issues concerning your areas of testing
* Keeping abreast of relevant, current and leading technological advancements with a view to improving the Mimecast QA infrastructure and processes
The ideal candidate for the Mimecast team will demonstrate the following attributes:
* A solid understanding of the goals and objectives of the business and their own personal goals
* Recognition that customer satisfaction is a principle measure of our business and our values
* Instinctively find practical solutions to complex problems
* Expect to effect change and take ownership of your job
* Find new ways to win and share those victories with the team
* Understanding that with great opportunity comes great responsibility
* 5+ years of solid QA or development experience
* Experience with Java development, languages like Python or Ruby a plus
* Strong experience with ensuring software quality
* Strong understanding of the Software Development Life-cycle as well as Agile Testing Methodologies and practical application/best practices
* Strong experience analyzing and testing complex software systems
* Experience with developing or testing in a distributed / clustered system environment is a strong plus
* Experience with test automation tools
* Experience with bug-tracking systems like Jira
* Experience of working in a UNIX environment preferred
* Nice to have: Understanding of REST/HTTP, microservices, storage
We offer a highly competitive rewards and benefits package including private healthcare, dental and life coverage. Mimecast is an entrepreneurial and high growth company which will provide the right candidate with a wealth of career development opportunities. All Mimecasters strive on being high performers, problem solvers, and team players with passion and integrity.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.