Woot! is the original daily deals website and continues its longstanding tradition of having people who are far smarter than us say "hey that shouldn't work, what on earth are you doing?" If you're still reading, hopefully it is because you are as ridiculous as we are and want to help us bring people amazing deals on products at prices that perplex them in a positive way. We are looking for a creative and clever Senior Software Development Engineer to help us use all those fancy buzzwords that hopefully will be picked up by a job description SEO bot like Machine Learning, Data Mining, Artificial Intelligence, and other fancy tools that AWS just shipped. You'll stick all these tools in a blender to predict the awesomeness of deals at high scale so we can only put the mostly absolutely amazing crap up on the site. You will architect and contribute to the building of huuuugely scalable systems to process bajillibytes (a term we hope to trademark) of data and work with product managers, research scientists, and a team of highly capable yet lovable software engineers to make sense of it all. Does that sound like fun to you?
If you're an experienced Sr SDE bored of the norm who loves building stuff, getting into the details, and doesn't mind a work environment with a dose of silliness, we'd love to chat with you. It'll be fun, it'll be an adventure, and you'll be able to get a lot of stuff done fairly fast. You should be great at thinking in terms of architecture, mentoring and influencing other engineers, and relish asking tough questions and taking weird and unconventional approaches to problems.
What you'll do:
* Tackle large architectural challenges of finding trends in huge amounts of data and identifying trends in it, then lead the team to build tooling that makes it easy to process and action.
* Design, build, and extend a different kind of product catalog that powers our ability to do eCommerce in a unique and unusual way.
* Work with Product Managers, Vendor Managers, Research Scientists, Data Engineers, senior leaders, and a host of teams inside Amazon to learn, get access to troves of data, and deliver automation, tooling, and applications of those ever useful ML models.
* Mentor junior engineers in the team and help them grow in their technical prowess.
* Evaluate, prototype, and evangelize new tools and high level architecture for the entire Woot.com subsidiary.
* Dodge flying screaming monkeys from time to time.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.