Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle NetSuite is looking for an ambitious software engineer for our infrastructure teams to scale out our world leading cloud ERP system. The NetSuite application is used by tens of thousands of customers to manage their day to day business operations. The Performance & Visibility team offers tools and services to both internal stakeholders and external customers to monitor system health, manage alerts, debug issues, and report on metrics via distributed tracing and open-source technologies. We are on a mission to revolutionize how software can be analyzed and optimized. We are constantly exploring techniques to do more with less and challenging the status quo. We use some of the latest technologies to build the necessary tools to make software perform faster and provide application transparency to various end users. As a part of the Visibility & Observability team, you will help build out real-time system health and usage tracking while expanding our analytical capabilities to extract operational and usage insights across the NetSuite service.
Here are some of the cool products that we have built:
You should be motivated to come up with innovative solutions that helps others extract operational & usage insights. You should enjoy writing production ready code that are testable, maintainable, and scalable. You should be motivated to help other team members adopt good coding standards and enjoy having technical discussions. You should have experience working with large-scale software engineering system design.
* Write production ready code for distributed systems and be committed to solid software engineering principles and test driven development.
* Implement and leverage opensource technologies such as Elasticsearch, Kafka or similar to improve our analytical capability.
* Leverage your prior experiences to make sound design decisions and build scalable products for stakeholders and our customers.
* Empower engineers with delightful webbased tools that allows for data exploration, aggregation, monitoring, and alerting.
* Be able to own processes end to end and be ready to fix errors when they surface - be committed to our customer's success.
* BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Equivalent
* 4 years of backend software engineering experience
* 4 years of Java or other object oriented programming experience.
* NOSQL database experience or working with large data analytics.
* Prior distributed tracing or production visibility experience.
* Excellent at communicating in both technical and nontechnical contexts.
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.