Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Global Services is part of the Merchant and Acquirer Processing (MAP) Product Development (PD) Group within the Visa Technology Organization. This group is responsible for building tangible, impactful, innovative and intelligent solutions across payment acceptance, payment security, payment analytics and fraud management for marquee and strategic accounts worldwide.
We are looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer to join our team!
* Collaborate with business and technical staff to understand business requirements for use in designing appropriate solutions
* Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
* Evaluate options and provide recommendation on scope and scale of effort required to implement final requirements
* Cultivate and suggest ideas for the extension of current systems to new products and services
* Identify opportunities for further enhancements and refinements to standards, processes and systems
* Ensure on-schedule delivery of a high quality product that meets business and technical requirements
* BS or MS in Computer Science or related degree from an accredited university
* 5+ years of experience designing and developing complex Java and J2EE applications
* Experience in developing real-time multithreaded Java applications that are fault-tolerant, scalable and can handle high volumes
* Deep understanding of SOA principles and Web Services technologies: REST & SOAP
* Experience with back-end technologies such as J2EE, JDBC, JMS, Spring, Hibernate, EJB, JMX and MBeans
* Experience in relational database usage with commercial-grade databases such as Oracle and MySql.
* Expert in OO design and design patterns
* Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
* Exceptional oral and written communication skills
* Strong UNIX/Linux background
* Experience with application containers such as Tomcat, JBoss and WebSphere
* Experience in creating automated unit testing using JUnit and practicing test driven development
* Fluent with mocking in unit testing and working knowledge of mocking framework
* Experience with deploying solutions to converged or virtualized infrastructure environments
* Experience with Payment and/or Credit Card processing is considered a plus
* Strong troubleshooting skills, especially in a production setting
* Experience with build environment using Maven/Ant and continuous integration tools
* Fluent with developing applications using Eclipse or similar IDE
* Experience with performance tuning and memory leak detection
* Experience integrating with third-party Web Services
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.