Senior Software Engineer (Up to 25% Profit Sharing)
Req #: 220291_20164
Location: Sterling, VA US
Job Category: Engineering
Minimum Security Clearance: TS/SCI with Polygraph
BITS, a CACI Company, offers very rewarding and unique benefits, which equates to 50% of compensation on TOP of your base salary! The first part is a tax-qualified profit-sharing retirement plan, to which BITS annually contributes up to 25% of your base salary (not in excess of applicable IRS limits) to your retirement account. The second component consists of BITS' Individual Benefit Account (IBA), which is used for premiums, medical reimbursements, dependent care, education and Paid Time Off (PTO) policy. Both components of the BITS benefit package are paid for by BITS, in addition to your base salary and potential performance bonuses. We believe in a healthy home/work balance and both of our locations offer a wide variety of activities to balance with your work life. Learn more at http://www.caci.com/bit-systems/
BIT Systems Inc., a CACI company is seeking senior software engineers to produce and implement functional software solutions. Our office location for this opportunity is in Sarasota, FL although the potential of working from our Sterling, VA or Aurora, CO offices does exist for the right candidate.
If you also have hands-on experience in software development and agile methodologies, we'd like to meet you.
BITS is a leader in software development, R&D, sensor development and signal processing for the intelligence and defense communities. Our engineering teams are highly adept at solving complex problems with the application of leading-edge technology solutions, empowering decision-makers to make better mission-critical decisions. This is your opportunity to work on a large, long term, program that we implement as small innovative teams in a fast paced environment. This offers teammates the maximum opportunity for contribution, and exchange of solutions and technologies.
What You'll Get to Do:
* Work with senior technical and upper management personnel to define software requirements and take the lead on operational and technical projects.
* In this role, you should be able to work independently with little supervision.
* You should have excellent organization and problem-solving skills.
* Your goal will be to develop high-quality software that is aligned with user needs and business goals.
* Software development and test automation of mission critical - Mission Control System software.
* Collaborate and coordinate with users, management and various stakeholders for requirements analysis, design and development to ensure we bring the right product to market to make execution of our customers mission as efficient and effective as possible.
* You will provide software design and development expertise in support of new application development, use test driven and iterative methodologies, and work with teammates to execute deliveries.
* You will be part of a responsive team where communication skills and the ability to solve problems are critical to our success.
* You can expect to work with highly motivated teammates that will support and push you, and will expect reciprocal action on your part.
* Culture of sharing information among teammates and management team
* Dedication to mission and product success
* Travel, while not required, is also an option with this position to produce, install and maintain our global network of system support and mentor fellow software engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities
More About this Role:
You will participate in new development starting with requirements analysis and design. During the development phase provide a technical solution compliant with the design and interface definitions. Additionally, the Developer will provide support to test, integration, and deployment of the software baseline. Candidates must be self-motivated individuals who can understand technical concepts, have good communication skills, and able and willing to collaborate on technical items with the larger team.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
* Must be able to obtain a TS/SCI with CI Poly and open to obtaining FS Poly.
* (BA/BS) or equivalent experience and minimum 7 years of related work
* Strong OOP and OOAD skills
* Demonstrate excellent technical expertise, be highly self-directed and motivated, and collaborate respectfully with teammates, always keeping user mission first.
* Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams and management to collect requirements, identify tasks, provide estimates and meet production deadlines
* Experience with Java, JMS, HIBERNATE, CAMEL, SPRING
* Experience with Web Technologies such as Angular, HTML5 and CSS
* Experience with Web services (REST/SOAP)
* Experience in service based development and microservice architectures
* Experience with Messaging and/or ESB Technologies
* Experience with Software Testing (e.g. Junit, Automated Test Tools, etc)
* Experience with Linux shell scripting and build tools (e.g. Ant, Maven, etc)
* Experience with Linux operating systems
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
* Experience with Docker / Containerization
* Experience with AWS
* Experience with DevOps tools such as Nexus, Jenkins, Ansible and/or Foreman
* Experience with relational, noSQL, and file based storage products
What We Can Offer You:
* We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
* Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
* We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
* We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
* For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
CACI is a provider of information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for intelligence, defense, and federal civilian customers.