What you'll be doing…
The all-new Tableau Mobile application, announced by one of our engineers at Tableau Conference last year, is the fastest and most delightful way for customers to stay on top of their data.
But first, they need to be able to sign in.
As part of the Mobile Enterprise team, you will build software that helps our customers deploy Tableau Mobile safely and securely. You will develop critical parts of the Tableau Mobile application. You will get opportunities to work directly with our customers and vendors to find the best solutions for mobile deployment. You will evangelize authentication best practices and help fill any gaps in our end-to-end mobile deployment strategy.
Some of the things you'll be doing include…
* Enabling the deployment of Tableau Mobile via Mobile Device Management solutions (MDM), such as Intune, AirWatch, MobileIron, BlackBerry, IBM MaaS360, and Citrix
* Working in the latest mobile technologies including Kotlin, Swift, and React Native
* Making sure Tableau Mobile conforms to modern authentication patterns such as OpenID
* Communicating and collaborating with teammates, vendors, and customers
Who you are…
* High Standards. Your personal software practices ensure you deliver high quality. You believe in iterative development and constantly releasable software. You design for testability, and you build your own tools & techniques to achieve high quality and low cost of support. You have taught or influenced others to improve their development practices. You have a keen eye for a delightful user experience/flow.
* Highly Technical. You love writing software that "just works" - software that is robust, scalable, and perform well. You have a strong understanding of computer architectures relevant to multi-tier applications.
* Team Player. You enjoy collaborating with, learning from, and teaching others so we all become better. You assume good intent in others, and actively do your part to make a positive work environment.
* Great Communicator. You can communicate your viewpoints clearly, honestly and effectively. You regularly share knowledge with your teammates. You are comfortable talking directly with external partners and customers when the need arises.
* Self-Motivated. You do great work - not because your boss is watching, but because the drive to deliver is just a part of you. Learning is Breathing. You believe that you and the company are on a rapid growth path, and that your career and your customers demand that you keep adding new skills. But that's easy, because you get a kick out of learning new things! And you know that the best way to learn is to make mistakes. You make mistakes, and you tolerate mistakes by others…because you value the learning.
* You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!
Tableau Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Tableau Software is a company on a mission. We help people see and understand their data. After a highly successful IPO in 2013, Tableau has become a market-defining company in the business intelligence industry. Our culture is casual and high-energy. We are passionate about our product and our mission and we are loyal to each other and our company. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and making a difference in the world!