Aura is a technology company that provides small, affordable loans to working families in America. We give our customers access to fairly priced credit and we help them build up their credit scores. We have raised over $100M to date from investors including First Mark Capital, Revolution Ventures and Coppel Capital. We have been named to the INC 5000 Fastest Growing Companies in America, American Banker's 2019 Best Places to Work in Financial Technology and we are ranked #23 on the San Francisco Business Times' Top 100 Fastest Growing Private Companies.
We are a tight-knit team of highly talented, hardworking, and motivated people from a diverse set of backgrounds and industries, all tenaciously motivated by our mission. We value creativity, courage, and collaboration and we believe in letting the best and most creative ideas rise to the top. We are looking for outstanding people who want to work hard, have fun, and build a socially-minded, profitable, and enduring business in the process.
What we are looking for at Aura
* You are a great programmer, you leave the code in substantially better state than you found it * You believe in teams. You know that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others' candid feedback for continuous improvement * You have an architectural perspective, you can lead the design of medium to large projects with feedback from other engineers * You would like to do things the right way, you know what works and what doesn't and you can elaborate on the why and how
* Build robust, highly scalable and visible user-facing features * Design and develop large scale web applications * Collaborate with other engineers to discuss design and development * Champion best practices for building reliable software
* B.S., M.S in Computer Science or equivalent * Exceptional proficiency in Java * Ability to write modular and maintainable code * Ability to write automated tests, and produce testable code * Experience writing and consuming RESTful web services * Deep understanding of relational and non-relational databases * Experience with Git * Familiar with distributed systems
Bonus points to have
* High level of competency in TDD, having delivered scalable and efficient applications * Familiar with data infrastructure * Experience designing microservices * Practical experience with modern deployment tools, and infrastructure as code, we run on AWS * Unix systems administration and BASH scripting * Familiarity with the lending space * Experience with Mobile/Front-end Development
* Compensation is competitive and will be based on prior work experience * Aura Options * 401(k) * Complimentary snacks in the office * Onsite gym * Convenient location in Downtown San Francisco less than two blocks from BART * We offer equity packages that allow you to have ownership in this growing company * Full medical, dental and vision coverage. Aura pays 100% of employee premiums and 50% dependent premiums for medical, dental and vision benefits * You can expect a collaborative environment, team building activities, dinners, and fun monthly gatherings, along with mentorship and career growth * We believe in getting people to where they need to go. This value extends beyond our business principles into Aura's internal career development philosophy. As such, you will work closely with a highly-experienced management team to mentor you and help you achieve your personal career goals
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.