IMVU is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to conduct research, design, develop, test, and maintain the company's fanciful mobile products in iOS platform. Collaborate with visual designer and other engineers, working on different layers of infrastructure that push the boundaries of what is possible in the mobile entertainment space. Design and develop applications in Objective C, UlKit and Core Foundation with a thorough understanding of iOS platform, its idiosyncrasies, and the relative merits and pitfalls of the various implementation options available; develop iOS applications and their integration with back-end services; ensure the performance, quality and responsiveness of applications; collaborate with a team to define, design and ship new features; identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs; help maintain code quality, organization and automatization. Apply knowledge of computer science for 2D animation, 3D development on mobile devices. Test the ability and performance of the application and resolve any systems malfunctions. Determine parts supply, maintenance tasks, and service schedules to maintain systems and networks in prescribed conditions; confer with engineering staff to implement operating procedures; provide technical advice relating to use, operation and maintenance of equipment; provide training to systems' users; and modify and upgrade the systems and software as needed.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or a related field.
* Five years of progressive experience in job offered, or as a software engineer, software consultant, programmer or a related occupational title.
* The following skills can be demonstrated through previous employment or university education with no specific amount of time required as proof of proficiency.
* Demonstrated experience in iOS development including fluency in Objective-C, Swift 4, UlKit and Core Foundation;
* Demonstrated experience in memory management, memory/performance profiling, and automatic reference counting/garbage collection;
* Demonstrated fluency in writing apps that consume RESTful APIs asynchronously;
* Demonstrated experience working with Mobile Ad Networks to display in App ads;
* Demonstrated experience maintaining or providing significant contribution to a iOS open-source project;
* Demonstrated experience with design and 2D animation with UlKit Dynamics or SpriteKit;
* Demonstrated experience shipping and maintaining apps with knowledge of Apple's submission process.
IMVU, the #1 avatar-based social network welcomes users to join a never-ending world where anything is possible, including connecting with people from all over the world. It's here that the fun is infinite and reality is limitless. The IMVU Virtual Shop is the largest of its kind, with an inventory of more than 20 million user-generated, VR-ready goods and growing everyday. From collections that include the hottest trends and throwback sneakers to fairy wings and couture gowns, the marketplace allows our users to personalize, customize and stylize their 3D avatars and environments to their hearts' content. With over three million unique users every month, our platform is poised for future growth and available on desktop, tablet and mobile devices.
Our Engineers are given significant autonomy over their work: we hire smart people and trust them to use their creativity and talents to do right by their peers and our customers. We are longstanding evangelists of Continuous Deployment, strong supporters of open source software and we spawned the Lean Startup movement. We value humility, open collaboration and foster an environment that supports learning from and mentoring others. We want you to grow your talent and career. We'll provide plenty of interesting challenges and strong support to ensure your success. At IMVU, we solve challenging problems and create amazing products together every day! Check out some of what we're doing on our Engineering blog: http://im.vu/engineering
Founded in 2004 and based in the heart of Silicon Valley, IMVU is led by a team that's dedicated to pioneering the virtual reality industry. IMVU is backed by venture investors Menlo Ventures, Allegis Capital, Bridgescale Partners and Best Buy Capital.
IMVU has been recognized frequently as Best Place to Work in the Silicon Valley.
HOW TO APPLY
* Please try out our core product before you apply. We'd like you to understand our products and have some understanding of our customers.
* Please include a cover letter. Make sure to discuss why you are interested in learning more about IMVU. Job applications without cover letters will not be considered.
IMVU is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.