RigUp is a 5-year-old Series-C Rocket Ship that the Morning Brew called one of the Top 50 Unicorns to watch in 2019. Our specialized marketplace for Energy employers, workers, goods and services is an industry first and we have no direct competitors. With only 5% of the addressable global market on our platform we'll do $500M+ in transactions this year alone and are on track for a $1B valuation.
And we're just getting started. As a Senior Full-Stack engineer you'll work on many exciting initiatives in our product road-map like our new on-demand offering "Pulse" that just cleared Beta.
We're Empowering the People who Power Your World and we hope you join us!
As a Senior Full-Stack Engineer
* You'll work with React (migrating from AngularJS) and React Native for our web and mobile platforms respectfully, along with Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL and ElasticSearch on our backend.
* You'll contribute significant, product-defining features within your first few weeks, working full stack and end to end, tackling larger challenges as quickly as you can.
* You'll develop deep expertise in our product, architecture and tech stack over your first couple months, establishing yourself as the Senior go-to person on the team for your particular projects or portions of our stack.
* Our teams are close-knit, consciously diverse. They move fast, constantly innovate and see every failure as a teaching opportunity. If you are someone who learns quickly, works well independently and with others, and above all gets stuff done, you will thrive.
Experience and skills we're looking for
* We'd prefer you to have some experience working as a full stack engineer on a modern engineering team. More important though is your ability to quickly learn new things, manage your own productivity, and improve yourself and our product every single day. If this is you, we want to meet you.
* You should have a deep dedication to software quality. You're the type that wants to never make the same mistake twice, see a repeat bug, or ship features which don't meet our high standards. Most likely, you are a strong advocate for usability, code quality, good architecture or something similar.
* You should be someone who will easily become passionate about our product and its success. You want to understand our business model and our users, then work hard to make our product the best it can be.
Our Current Stack
* React (migrating from AngularJS) and React Native for our web and mobile platforms
* Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL and ElasticSearch on our backend
What we offer
* Flexible PTO policy
* 2 Compensation Reviews per year in June and December
* 401k Program with 4% match
* Fully paid health insurance
* Daily catered meals
* Competitive commuter benefits
* Work from home flexibility
* Open office space in the heart of downtown Austin
* Career development opportunities + partial reimbursement for ongoing education
* $2,000 vacation stipend on your 3 year anniversary
RigUp is a technology company that's building a platform to better support the energy workforce. Through the industry's largest marketplace, we're improving the lives of contractors and helping service providers and operators find the people who will get the job done. Headquartered in Austin, TX, and backed by Founder's Fund, Quantum Energy Partners, and Silicon Valley Bank, we've raised $123.8 Million in funding to support our mission to change the way work is done in the oilfield.
Our goal is to make RigUp an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We'd love to learn what you can add to our team!
RigUp is a company that operates a marketplace for contract workers in the energy sector.