Plano 1 (31061), United States of America, Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Software Engineer, Full Stack
Do you want to work for a tech company that writes its own code, develops its own software, and builds its own products? We experiment and innovate leveraging the latest technologies, engineer breakthrough customer experiences, and bring simplicity and humanity to banking. We make a difference for 65 million customers.
At Capital One, you'll be part of a group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs. We want you to be curious and ask "what if"?
As a Capital One Software Engineer, you'll work on everything from customer-facing web and enterprise applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end systems using the hottest cloud services. You will drive the development, implementation, testing, deployment, and post-release support in an agile application development environment. Whether a bug fix or an awesome feature, you will own your work and deliver the most elegant and scalable solutions.
Who you are:
* You yearn to be part of cutting edge, high profile projects and are motivated by delivering world-class solutions on an aggressive schedule.
* Someone who is not intimidated by challenges; thrives even under pressure; is passionate about their craft; and hyper focused on delivering exceptional results.
* You love to learn new technologies and mentor junior engineers to raise the bar on your team.
* It would be awesome if you have a robust portfolio on Github and / or open source contributions you are proud to share.
* Passionate about intuitive and engaging user interfaces, as well as new/emerging concepts and techniques in web design.
* Understanding in building efficient database and search engine queries.
* Bachelor's Degree or military experience.
* At least 2 years' of experience in software engineering.
* At least 1 year experience in JVM based web application development / Spring MVC / Spring Boot Microservices development.
* 1 year of experience in cloud based technologies, preferably AWS/Azure with infrastructure and configuration management tools like Docker
* 1 year of experience in CI/CD pipeline integration
* 1 year of experience building RESTful web services with server-side frameworks like Spring Boot and Play.
* 1 year of experience working with RDMS, NoSQL
* 1 year of experience with microservices architecture.
* 1 year of experience in Python
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.