Do you want a unique, exciting opportunity to help build something from the ground up? We are looking for builders who thrive in ambiguity to join the leadership team of a new tech organization under Global Specialty Fulfillment.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer you will engage at all levels and disciplines across organizations. You will take ownership of solving deep technical problems and building highly innovative solutions in a fast paced environment. You will own the technical vision, architecture, success metrics of our next generation analytics and monitoring pipeline, working with software development managers and their teams of software development engineers, technical program manager, engineer peers, machine learning experts and data analysts.
The ideal candidate will have experience leading multiple large and complex technological initiatives, providing guidance to business leadership on key technology decisions, and have an equal interest in acquiring business acumen from industry veterans in this uniquely-positioned role. You'll balance technical leadership and savvy with strong business judgment to make the right decisions about technology for GSF. You'll strive for simplicity, and demonstrate significant creativity and incisive judgment.
You are expected to:
* Serve as a technical lead on our most demanding, cross-functional projects
* Ensure the quality of architecture and design of systems
* Lead the design, get hands dirty and write code, and ultimately deploy successful enterprise-level systems that can be leveraged for a broad set of business use cases
* Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions that demonstrate significant creativity and high judgment
* Fully and completely understand system interdependencies and limitations
* Possess expert knowledge in performance, scalability, enterprise system architecture, and engineering best practices
* Leverage knowledge of internal and industry prior art in design decisions
* Assist in the career development of others, actively mentoring individuals and the community on advanced technical issues and helping managers guide the career growth of their team members
* Exert technical influence over multiple teams, increasing their productivity and effectiveness by sharing your deep knowledge and experience
* Work effectively with product development and engineering teams across multiple geographies
* Be a visionary leader, builder and operator
Here are some qualities we are looking for:
* Be great fun to work with. At Amazon, we have a credo of "Work hard. Have fun. Make history". In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
* Be data-driven, with high judgment. GSF is building out a new team and this means there is a lot of room for experimentation and adaptation, but in these early days we lack some of the structure that a more established group would have. We're looking for someone who is data-driven and analytical in their approach, and yet also able to use sound judgement to make smart decisions in the absence of data.
* Be scrappy: The GSF team operates like a start-up - we're moving fast and learning and adapting along the way. We're looking for people who are willing to dive in and solve a variety of problems and own the solution end-to-end.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.