Mission to Our Employees:
Teladoc Health is the global virtual care leader, offering the only comprehensive virtual care solution spanning telehealth, expert medical, and licensed platform services. Teladoc Health serves the world's leading insurers, employers, and health systems and helps millions of people around the world resolve their healthcare needs with confidence. We are committed to provide our Employees a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Creativity and innovation are encouraged for improving the effectiveness of Teladoc Health. Above all, Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, values and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share with our clients.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for a Senior Front-End Engineer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works. As the #1 Telemedicine provider in the world, your designs will be seen and used by millions of people each year.
What you will do:
* Develop new user-facing features.
* Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
* Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
* Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability.
* Direct technical aspect of operations related to escalated client accounts or high severity issues as they affect or confront a project or team.
* Attend to both business and technical considerations when designing solutions to project/team or company related issues.
* Actively work to improve the company's technical awareness, depth and use of technology across the business while establishing and maintaining positive and effective working relationships
* Participate in the evolution of company-level best practices, standards, and policies as it related to software development.
* Provide leadership/mentorship as it relates to emerging technologies and readying Teladoc and engineers for productively integrating the same into business.
* Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
* Mentor and coach more junior team members.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or equivalent experience) required; Master's degree in information technology or computer sciences preferred, or equivalent provable experience.
* Minimum of 5+ years of related work experience.
* Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process preferred.
* Experience with Ruby on Rails, React, Git, SQL, and APIs.
* Knowledge of modern technologies like Docker, Elixir, GitHub, Continuous Integration, etc. preferred.
* Active social media or conference presence for the Open Source community is a big plus!
* Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3.
* Proficient understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
* Good understanding of ES6, React, Redux and Webpack.
* Good understanding of Asynchronous Request Handling, Responsive Design Techniques.
* Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as as Sketch or Photoshop is a plus.
* Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
* Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
* Proficient understanding of unit testing and integration testing.
* An ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment.
* Excellent analytical and multitasking skills.
* Basic knowledge of Ruby on Rails framework is required.
* Approaches engineering requests from a user's vantage point to form architectural and technical requirements.
* Stays well-informed of emerging technologies and software trends.
* Capable of debugging problems related to HTTP, XHR, JSON, CORS, SSL, S3, etc.
* Any Elixir knowledge is a big plus.
* BSc degree in Computer Science or relevant field.
* We want 3+ years of experience and prefer consumer interface experience.
* Very competitive salary & equity compensation.
* Excellent health, dental, vision coverage.
* 401k benefits with employer matching contribution; immediately vested.
* Awesome people to work with.
* Becoming a part of a movement in telemedicine and building something that matters.
For a more detailed look at our company and values, visit our website at https://teladochealth.com/en/about/
At Teladoc Health we thrive on difference and individuality. Teladoc Health is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.