Minimum Experience: 5 years
Job Type: Full time
Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We deliver real-time, actionable alerts derived from vast amounts of publicly available data. Our groundbreaking AI and machine learning platform cuts through the noise in an increasingly complex landscape by detecting, classifying, and determining the significance of public information. We're revolutionizing the way businesses and governments know and act on critical, relevant information to protect people, assets, and brands when every second counts.
We've grown to over 450 talented employees across six global offices and have raised $392 million in funding at a $1.6 billion valuation in our most recent investment round. Our culture promotes cross team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it enables us to do our best work and have fun.
We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of real-time information as a force for good in the world. Join us and help the world operate in real time.
What you've done before:
You have built and shipped amazing features using the latest web stack, including NodeJS/Express, React+Redux, and Docker. Demonstrated excellent problem solving skills with solid understanding of computer science fundamentals, including commonly used algorithms and data structures. Collaborated closely across teams in engineering, business development, and client services to deliver groundbreaking products for your clients. Led important initiatives and mentored junior engineers.
What success looks like in your first 6 months:
* contribute code to production systems from the get-go.
* spend time with different teams to understand how Dataminr delivers breaking news in seconds across mobile, web and inbox.
* mentor more junior members of our growing team.
* design significant features that impact multiple platforms and apps.
* own portions of our product suite and be responsible for reliability and scalability.
* influence the direction of our technical roadmap, introducing new concepts and practices that improve the experience of our users and streamlines developer experience.
* bring new ideas to our engineering-wide processes to help us improve constantly.
Why you should work here:
We recognize and reward hard work with:
* competitive compensation package including company equity.
* paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance.
* 401(k) savings plan with company matching.
* flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses.
We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
* a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed.
* opportunities to own and drive important critical projects.
* individual Learning and Development fund and professional training.
* generous leave and flexible hours.
* daily catered lunch and a fully stocked kitchen.
* And more!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.