We are looking for an exceptional distributed systems engineer to join the Virtual Playtesting team, a new team under AI@Unity. The Virtual Playtesting team is a product team focused on building services to enable game developers to continuously evaluate and test their games at scale by leveraging millions of cloud simulations of their game. Games are some of the most complex pieces of software and require extensive manual work to test, whether it's tracking down bugs or balancing the difficulty progression and in-game economy. Our goal is to build a platform that empowers game developers, designers and testers to automate testing. This will result in incredibly faster iteration and release cycles, lower development costs and a much more enjoyable experience for the millions of players that enjoy games made with Unity.
This is an opportunity to be one of the founding members behind an innovative product that will define a new standard for how games are evaluated and tested. We're looking for people who are entrepreneurial, adaptable and enjoy challenging the status quo.
* Building and owning robust microservices that can scale to millions of games and billions of tests
* Defining API specifications for your services and how to integrate with other Unity services and systems
* Writing high-quality, clean code that is production-grade
* Strong foundation in data structures, algorithms
* Professional software engineering experience in Java, C#, Python or Go
* Experience building microservices
* Experience working with public cloud providers like AWS, Azure, or GCP
* Experience shipping large scale products and services in a production setting
* MS or PhD with a focus on distributed systems
* Experience working with GCP
* Experience with Unity Engine or game development
* Knowledge of machine learning
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world's most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and - working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft - ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.