As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Senior Software Engineer
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be part of our Enterprise Payments team to help design, enhance and build our transactional platform in an agile development environment. You will work with colleagues, who will support and challenge you daily. You will play part of multiple teams tasked with multiple projects ranging from building full stack development of real-time transactional services, REST services API, Container based services to highly functional, secure, scalable and resilient real time and batching systems. You will work on unit testing, code reviews and regular check-ins to continuous integration that will become part of your DNA. You will see the code written and moved to production within just a few days, to then be used by a huge customer base including Facebook, Nike, FedEx, Apple, State Farm, to name a few.
If this sounds exciting, we want to chat and tell you more about our work culture
and environment and see if this will be a good fit for both of us.
* You have a Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field and 5+ years of Software Development Experience or a Masters with 3+ years of Software Development Experience
* You have expertise of Core Java, JEE technologies, REST and container based technologies.
* You have experience architecting solutions with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery in mind
* We count on your curiosity and creativity, to want to understand customer requirements and our processes and
want to come up with creative solutions
* While you'll have the skill to see and understand the big picture, you're able to stay focused on the task at hand to achieve immediate goals
* You're great at systematic and accurate research wanting to uncover the smallest detail
* You have amazing work ethics that will help us all work extremely well together
* You have the passion to understanding people and to always striving to improve our products and services!
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.