201 Third Street (61049), United States of America, San Francisco, California
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Software Engineer - Android / Java
About Our Team:
Do you want to work at startup-speed while solving the company's most pressing needs? Do you enjoy working with a high-performing team on highly visible projects where the CEO and Board takes interest in your work? Do you like the idea of being a change-agent in a company your family will recognize, working on cool new products that you would yearn to use?
If so: this is the career for you.
You will be a key member of the Digital Online Payments Engineering team. Our focus is to ideate, innovate, and create features, products, and platforms in response to emergent digital business opportunities.
Your team is passionate about moving the engineering needle by shipping quickly and with high quality. The team will solve key strategic technical problems in both iOS and Android, in partnership with our web teams.
The mobile teams are directly accountable to senior engineering leadership and serve as part of a larger Digital Product Engineering technology organization, empowered to deliver delightful customer experiences in all digital channels (Desktop web, iOS, Android, Echo, IoT, etc..).
Digital Online Payments Engineering is responsible for building the core digital payments experiences for Capital One, including Apple Pay, Android Pay, and Eno Virtual Numbers. Our award-winning products enables our 45 million customers to spend more securely and conveniently. We aim to push the envelope of Fin-Tech innovation.
Our team is growing and we're looking for engineers who lead by doing, have a passion for solving problems and who exude professionalism every day.
* Technical leadership and mentor-ship of a team of passionate software engineers
* Design and deliver awesome products, SDKs and apps to millions of users
* Drive best practice for automation, continuous integration and continuous delivery
* Partner with our product, design and business counterparts to shape the road map
* Drive consensus while delivering medium to large sized/complexity components with a team
* Actively participate in team agile ceremonies to ensure that all commitments are delivered on time and of the highest quality
* Contribute to inner and open source projects
* Learn new things, share best practices and improve processes
* Bachelor's Degree or military experience
* At least 3 years of professional software engineering experience
* At least 2 years of mobile development for native Android applications
* 4+ years of mobile development for native Android applications
* 4+ years of Java / Kotlin Development.
* 2+ years of experience developing and supporting an app in the App Store
* Experience development and release Android libraries.
* 2+ years of experience in Agile and Scrum methodologies
* Advanced knowledge of design patterns, object-oriented and protocol-oriented design
* A portfolio of open source code
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.