Pier 1 Imports is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our growing team! As a key member, you will actively participate in software architecture design discussions and decisions while applying skills above and beyond the core elements of a software engineer.
In this role you will work with customers to scope, design, implement, test and launch new features. You will determine and recommend ideal designs based on business objectives, timelines and resource constraints while being responsible for engaging the delivery team and supporting the implementation of these decisions. Overall, high-level of collaboration across delivery teams is key. As a senior member of the team, you will also be responsible for mentoring Software Engineers and fellow Senior Software Engineers.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Responsible for building and evolving application systems in both cloud and on-premise environments including, design, coding, testing, debugging and writing appropriate documentation.
* Implementing API and integration solutions using standard protocols such as REST, AMQP and others.
* Acts as a technologist proposing innovative techniques, tools and ideas that consider the impact across multiple environments and technologies.
* Collaborates with fellow Engineers, and Product Owners to design solutions that provide business value and ensure technical excellence in platform performance, autonomy, resilience, scalability, composability, and security.
Education & Experience
* Bachelor's Degree in computer Science or related field preferred
* 5-10 years professional experience in software development
* Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
* Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, C#, Python, NodeJS, Ruby, PHP
* Solid coding practices including good design documentation, unit testing, peer code reviews, and a preference for agile processes and working methodology
* Sharp analytical abilities, proven design skills, excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Strong sense of ownership, bias for action, urgency, and drive.