Job Title: Senior Software Engineer
Location: Kirkland, WA
Work matters. It's where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We're dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That's why we put people at the heart of everything we do.
People matter. Our people have a passion for learning, building, and innovating. Whether you're an engineer, a sales professional, a finance professional, or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.
When it comes to building a world class Cloud environment, highly scalable automation is a requirement. Our team builds the automation that we use to deploy, configure, operate, maintain and decommission the infrastructure components that make up the ServiceNow Cloud.
As a Software Development Engineer, focused on cloud infrastructure automation, you will be responsible for designing and developing tools to support the cloud infrastructure, Server Deployment and Configuration, Ops automation, QE/devops applications, and other areas related to Cloud Infrastructure. You will develop innovative tools to deploy, operate and monitor systems at scale. In addition to tools and automation, your work will involve coordinating efforts with other members of the infrastructure organization and the ServiceNow development teams.
What you get to do in this role:
* Work on deployment automation suites for power, network, storage and compute equipment
* Improve logistics by automating key parts of our asset lifecycle management processes
* Maintain cloud scale networks via configuration automation management platforms
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
* Strong operations automation background
* At least 5 years of proven, related experience
* Development of web-based database applications using MySQL or other relational databases
* Proficient with Linux systems with emphasis on methods for automating operations in a high-availability cloud environment
* Experience integrating software and services using common API techniques (SOAP, REST, XML, etc.)
* Working knowledge of test frameworks such as QUnit or PyUnit
* Excellent analytical, strategic planning, written and oral communication skills
* Good team player, attention to detail and ability to work well with others
* BS Degree in Computer Science or related field
* ServiceNow platform administration and development knowledge would be a plus
* Familiarity with virtualization and cloud infrastructure technologies