Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
* B.S. or Master's in computer engineering or equivalent
* 6 years' software development experience
* 5 years' SQL database experience including schema design and development of efficient queries and PL/SQL
* 5 years' experience with Java (C# or similar)
* Understanding of distributed systems, HTTP, Internet protocols, web browsers
* Knowledge of design patterns, object oriented programming, SOLID principles and test driven development.
* Great problem-solving skills and ability to abstract functional requirements
* Understanding of metadata design and its use in the architecture of enterprise applications
* Experience in designing, architecting and implementing high performance scalable applications
* Very good written and oral communication skills in English are required
* Valid work permit for USA
* Agile (Scrum, SCRUMBan, Kanban, …) experience
* Previous experience building cloud applications or PaaS
* Understanding of cloud-based distributed software applications
About the job
The SuiteCloud Platform group is a diverse family of smart, innovative, caring people - invested in our customers and the community. We constantly seek to improve ourselves and strongly believe in "individual commitment to team effort". The SuiteCloud Platform is a key enabler in meeting the needs of an increasingly global and varied customer base. It serves as a PaaS for developers to build, store, share and deploy solutions tailored to specific industries and verticals, on top off NetSuite ERP - the #1 Cloud ERP.
As part of the SuiteCloud Development Framework (SDF) Team you'll have the opportunity to shape the future of a next-generation product on the SuiteCloud Platform. Our mission is to provide a state of the art SDLC experience on the cloud, enabling partners and NetSuite's own internal solutions group to automate and streamline their development processes and practices. You will work with a fast-growing, action oriented team of software engineers, test automation engineers, product managers, technical writers & UX designers to build out new functionality and enhancements within the product. As a team we use Agile & SCRUM methodologies to self organize and deliver value. You will share responsibility in designing and implementing a framework used by developers to build SuiteApps on NetSuite's platform as well as understanding and contributing enhancements to the existing, widely used framework. You will participate in hiring and assessing new talent. You will play an active role in defining the direction of the product. You will also be responsible for guiding and mentoring junior developers, new hires and interns.
You bring fresh and new ideas and your very own unique point of view. You thrive in an environment of collaboration, welcome a healthy debate and embrace diverse points of view. You eagerly seek and give help. Curious and ambitious, you see an opportunity in every challenge. You are comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You enjoy reasoning over complex abstractions and building tools and frameworks that facilitate clean, reusable code and an enjoyable developer experience. You take active ownership for the team's code quality and hold a high bar for yourself and the team when it comes to code reviews and quality. You are always looking round the corner to anticipate project bottlenecks and blockers and take action to head these off.
You must have an intimate, working understanding of modern web applications from database to user interface. A high-level of proficiency in SQL, Object Oriented languages as well as experience with database driven web applications is required. You must be proficient in design patterns and test driven development. The ideal candidate possesses experience building cloud-based platforms that enable application design, development, testing, and distribution. Excellent communication skills in technical and non-technical contexts and situations are required. You must have experience in working towards deadlines in a rapid development cycle and the ability to prioritize competing demands.
What we offer
* "Small company" culture backed by a strong enterprise
* Strong professionals around you that will help to accelerate your growth
* Continuous career development: we actively encourage and celebrate internal promotions
* High-impact learning culture: free access to online learning platform and regular in-house training sessions and tech talks.
* Lunch & learns: share your interests with others and learn from them.
* Lots of fun activities: Curious about learning a new language? Interested in knitting? How about Poker nights?
* Many volunteer opportunities
* Diverse special interests groups that provide opportunities for networking and exchange of ideas across the company.
* Flexible PTO
* Free coffee & beverages
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.