Senior Software Data Engineer
Lincoln, NE // Seattle, WA // Atlanta, GA
At NRC Health, we promise to help our customers bring human understanding to healthcare for their patients and communities. Our associates are at the heart of delivering that promise, so we promise that same human understanding to each other. Come where culture is everything.
As an associate, you:
Innovate with us to move healthcare forward.
Give back to the community with volunteer time off.
Fit your role and do what you love.
Grow and develop along a career path designed by you.
Support one another - no one says, "That's not my job."
Play hard at beer:30 and team outings - we have a lot to celebrate.
Let life happen with 4+ weeks time off, a flexible work environment, and dress for your day attire.
Live healthy with a comprehensive healthcare plan and wellness program.
Who we want
* Are you a pro at writing elegant SQL? Do you leverage your coding ability when SQL isn't the answer?
* Are you proficient in designing, building and tuning transactional databases?
* Do you thrive in a highly collaborate environment where all team members are empowered to design and deliver solutions to end-users?
* Are you proficient in transforming transactional data into highly performant data solutions like data marts and warehouses?
* Are you skilled at translating business needs into effective reporting solutions using tools like Tableau?
* Are you highly collaborative with a strong independent drive to see solutions through to implementation?
What you will do
As a Sr. Software Engineer with a focus on data, you will be responsible for working with stakeholders and the development team to define, build, and deliver software solutions with a special emphasis on the data generated by and contained within our products, then exposed via our BI portals, data extracts and APIs. You will participate in all aspects of the software development process including technical analysis, architecture/design and implementation. You are strong in all aspects of building and deploying end-user software solutions, including object-oriented design, data structures, algorithms, and run-time analysis and tuning. Additionally, you're a strong communicator that works effectively with non-technical business partners to inform product and business solutions.
What you need
* Bachelor's degree in relevant technical field or similar equivalent experience
* 5+ years' experience working on a professional development team
* 3+ years' experience in design, development, tuning and support of RDBMS (SQL Server, MySQL, Vertica, etc.) with strong understanding of relational database structures, theories, principles and queries (SQL)
* Experience architecting and designing data marts and warehouses
* Experience analyzing BI requirements and taking those requirements from business concept through delivery
* Experience using ETL frameworks and tools
* Experience with visualization tools like SSRS and Tableau (Tableau preferred)
* Experience designing, developing, delivering, and maintaining commercial SaaS/Hosted software products
* Experience working in a collaborative environment using agile methodology
* Proficiency in at least one high level programming language (Python, C#, Java)
* Experience with big data processing frameworks like Hadoop and Spark
Would be nice
* Familiarity with AWS technologies such as EC2, RDS, Lambda and SQS is a plus.
Have Purpose. Think Boldly. Feel Connected. Be Understood.