Mimecast is looking for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to join our Data Mining & Analytics team. The successful candidate will be passionate about solving complex technical problems, have exceptional analytical and troubleshooting skills and a desire to improve system and process within engineering. You will tackle a range of complex software and system issues, including monitoring of a large farm of servers in multiple geographic locations, responding to and safeguarding the availability and reliability of the analytics platform.
* Maintain clusters of analytics tools including Kafka, Spark, Cassandra and HDFS
* Participate in design discussions
* Automate everyday tasks by providing scalable, elegant and maintainable solutions
* Research and assess the suitability of new technologies
* Troubleshoot and assess application behavior and suggest improvements
* Maintain and extend to the next level our monitoring system
* Work with developers on performance analysis and capacity planning
* Setup and configure new tools and services
* In depth expertise in Linux internals and system administration including configuration and troubleshooting
* Hands on experience with performance tuning of the Linux OS and Java VMs, in identifying bottlenecks such as disk I/O, memory, CPU, network issues
* Solid understanding of file systems and drives with emphasis on I/O issues
* Experience in software development in at least one of these scripting languages; Ruby, Perl, Python, Go
* Build and support analysis tools for our analytics infrastructure
* Ability to analyze network behavior, performance and application issues using standard tools
* Hands on experience in configuration management of computing grids (using tools such as mcollective, Puppet, Cfengine, Chef etc.)
* Ability to design and implement small to moderate sized tools
* Hands on experience with open source monitoring and graphing solutions such as Nagios, Graphite and Munin
* * Due to the nature of this role's responsibilities, you must be a U.S. citizen in order to be considered a candidate.
* Strong scripting skills
* Administering Java applications (tuning, GC, memory)
* Working with big data systems, e.g. Hadoop, Cassandra, Kafka, Lucene
* Experience with application containerization technologies, e.g. Docker and Kubernetes
* Experience in working with large scale software deployments
* Working knowledge of file system internals and tuning options
* Work at our fantastic new headquarters building.
* An internationally diverse, sociable, dynamic team to work alongside.
* Conferences (attending and/or speaking) and learning resources.
* Company-wide tech talks with internal and external speakers, and a calendar of tech meetups hosted on the premises.
We offer a highly competitive rewards and benefits package including private healthcare, dental and life coverage. Mimecast is an entrepreneurial and high growth company which will provide the right candidate with a wealth of career development opportunities. All Mimecasters strive on being high performers, problem solvers, and team players with passion and integrity.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.