Sony Corporation of America, located in New York, NY, is the U.S. headquarters of Sony Corporation, based in Tokyo, Japan. Sony's principal U.S. businesses include Sony Electronics Inc., Sony Mobile Communications (USA) Inc., Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC., Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc., Sony Music Entertainment, and Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC. With some 900 million Sony devices in hands and homes worldwide today, a vast array of Sony movies, television shows and music, and the PlayStation Network, Sony creates and delivers more entertainment experiences to more people than anyone else on earth. To learn more: www.sony.com.
Sony Corporation of America (SCA), is seeking a Senior Security Engineer, GSIRT Mission Engineering to join the Global Security Incident Response Team (GSIRT) in Herndon, VA. This position will report to the Associate Director, GSIRT Mission Engineering, Service Delivery, and be a core team member of the group responsible for the design, engineering, and deployment of cybersecurity architecture and tools across Sony globally.
* Responsible for leading the planning and deployment of technical solutions in cyber security services and offerings
* Serve as project manager/lead within IT security project deployments, gather technical requirements, develop project scoping documents, prepare deployment schedules and assess resource requirements and constraints
* Develop and maintain project documentation that informs a comprehensive global information security program, provides business context to computing environments, and helps identify existing coverage and gaps in security tool coverage across the Sony enterprise
* Ensure the soundness of an integrated security solution, identify gaps, and adjust reference architectures to local environments
* Work with engineers and SMEs in the planning and deployment of the technical solution or offering, in translating the business needs into technical requirements, and ensure successful execution
* Communicate to the various teams and stakeholders internal and external to the organization throughout the planning and execution phases of a deployment project
* Create and maintain technical documentation, develop processes and procedures for the deployment of security tools and solutions, and actively review current SOPs and documentation for areas of improvement
* Develop comprehensive plans, goals and objectives that cover the entire cyber security life cycle of a project and integrates with the GSIRT's mission
* Coordinate procurement activities to ensure equipment inventories are available in a timely manner to support deployment projects
* Minimum 5-7 years' experience in Information Technology
* Experience with at least one of the following cybersecurity areas: cybersecurity architecture, host/endpoint technologies, network detection, incident response, tool deployment, or cybersecurity project management
* Ability to aggregate, analyze, and present data gathered from multiple sources
* Ability to communicate clearly, both orally and in writing, and produce high quality written products
* Experience working with Splunk or other database or data warehouse solutions to develop analytics
* Experience developing or improving workflow and workflow management tools
* Experience defining technical processes and document standard operating procedures
* Sound problem resolution, judgment, negotiating and decision-making skills
* Strong work ethic and commitment to accomplish assigned tasks
* Previous experience with incident response programs a plus
* Able to work and attend meetings outside of typical business hours
* Able to traverse data centers, climb ladders, kneel, and lift a variety of computing equipment and appliances
* All candidates must be authorized to work in the USA
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, military status, status as a veteran or disabled veteran, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or family status, genetic information, medical condition, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, ordinance, or regulation.
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.