Senior Salesforce Developer
Advance your Information Technology (IT) career at Liberty Mutual Insurance - A Fortune 100 Company.
We deliver our customers peace of mind every single day by helping them protect what they value most. Our real passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a groundbreaking shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
At Liberty Mutual Insurance, doing the right thing is essential to all that we do. Our commitment to building and sustaining a talented and diverse workforce has helped us to become a global leader in property and casualty insurance. Our financial strength and profitability rely on the skills, knowledge, and creativity of more than 50,000 employees worldwide. As number 76 on Fortune Magazine's list of the 100 largest corporations in the U.S., we have the resources and training our employees need to drive our business forward and be successful in an ever-evolving, complex world.
Are you a Senior Software Developer with Salesforce.com experience looking for a new and exciting challenge? If so, we want you to join our Global Retail Markets team and own the design, build, and evolution of our Salesforce.com applications. You'll have the opportunity to work on one of the world's most innovative platforms, and have a direct impact on our customers. You will be working in a supportive and dynamic team and will enjoy numerous opportunities to increase your professional knowledge and skills. Bring your passion and enthusiasm for the Salesforce Platform to our company and enjoy excellent pay and benefits, and generous and unrivaled development opportunities.
Under limited supervision, participates as technical expert in analysis, design, coding, testing, and debugging new software or significant enhancements to existing software to achieve desired results and documents appropriate aspects of those deliverables. Develops and enhances complex systems and/or software from general requirements and specifications. Analyzes complex technical system problems. Leads projects or subprojects and coordinates rollouts of moderate scope. May provide coaching and guidance to other team members.
* Design, Configure, and Develop solutions within the Salesforce platform to support critical business functions and meet project objectives, client requirements and company goals
* Manage daily support and maintenance of internal Salesforce instance, and conduct long-term improvement operations to ensure compatibility with evolving mission requirements
* Assists in complex unit test case development, performs Quality Assurance coding and design review, conducts complex impact analysis, and performs operational support, enhance vendor products and integrated with internal systems, and identifies and recommends appropriate improvement opportunities
* Effectively communicate with management, scrum master, test engineers, product owners, and other agile team members to design strategies that ensure the continued growth and innovation of the platform
* Provide system administration and lead development support of internal and customer-facing Salesforce environment, especially related to customized applications, user permissions, security settings, custom objects and workflows, and be able to effectively communicate how to solve problems and exceed our customers' requirements
* Collaborate with various internal departments, including Marketing, Sales, Claims, and Information Management to ensure Salesforce environment supports the customers' needs relating to functionality and performance
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience
* 5 years of professional experience. Extensive knowledge of Salesforce concepts, strategies and methodologies
* Salesforce Developer Certifications, development and integration, including Lightning, Visualforce and Apex
* Uses technical knowledge to participate in the building and re-engineering of automated tools
* Establishes, maintains and updates consistent protocols and security access to sensitive data
* The ability to work well in a team-oriented environment
* Organization skills with the ability to work on multiple projects and/or tasks simultaneously
* Drive full cycle end to end development from design through implementation.
* The role requires hands-on development, problem resolution and knowledge of various horizontal and vertical packages - spanning across all layers of our technical stack
* In an Agile environment, work with business team members, product owners, and other software engineers to review and qualify business requirements, functional specifications, use-cases, and test plans
* Design, prototype and author code for software components and applications based on functional specification and optimize them for system performance.
* Negotiation, facilitation and consensus building skills. Strong oral and written communication skills; presentation skills
Benefits & Culture:
Liberty Mutual is one of America's Best Employers for Diversity and one of the Best Employers for Women http://bit.ly/LibertyMutual-BestPlacesToWorkforWomen one of the Best Employers for New Grads http://bit.ly/LibertyMutual-BestPlacesforNewGrads and one of the Best Places to Work http://bit.ly/LibertyMutual-BestPlacestoWork . We offer excellent benefits for our employees including generous parental leave, retirement plans including 401k and pension, education reimbursement, commuter benefits, college savings plans, and much more.
To learn more about our benefit offerings and culture please visit:
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace an environment that is free from all discrimination in the workplace, in its business, or by its vendors. Liberty Mutual values diversity and the differences and similarities of our employees. We foster a diverse and inclusive work environment that leads to better ideas, stronger teams and more innovative products and services for our customers. Learn More: