What makes us Qlik
Qlik helps enterprises around the world move faster, work smarter, and lead the way forward with an end-to-end solution for getting value out of data. Our platform is the only one on the market that allows for open-ended, curiosity-driven exploration, giving everyone - at any skill level - the ability to make real discoveries that lead to real outcomes and transformative changes. We are a Values-Driven organization, operating over 100 countries with 45,000 customers around the world. If you think we are interesting, please read on - we may be looking for you!
We seek top-tier, experienced software and QA engineers obsessed with building a great product. You should be talented, driven, creative, and able to master leading-edge software technologies in the Big Data space.
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated self-starter comfortable in a team environment as an individual contributor with the following critical assets: the ability and desire to learn new technologies and concepts, excellent communication skills for both technical and business concepts, and the potential to thrive in a challenging, high-energy environment.
You will bring strong analytical skills and foundational technical skills around Linux, scripting and programming. Qualified individuals will have extensive experience working in development teams throughout the product lifecycle to ensure quality. Experience with QA processes, tools, automation and testing methodologies is a required. Ideal candidates will also have technical knowledge around incisive testing of data management and large-scale distributed systems. Additional responsibilities include:
* Evaluating existing QA processes to identify gaps and areas of improvement.
* Recommending tools and technologies around all areas of testing including automation, regression, performance etc.
* Preparing test cases for existing and new features that provide comprehensive coverage of product feature set.
* Designing & building automation scripts for regression testing.
* Contributing to development of performance testing infrastructure.
* Performing regression, defecting verification and ensuring quality delivery of product releases.
* Bachelors in Computer Science.
* 10+ years of relevant QA experience in product companies.
* Strong understanding of development processes and QA role in product lifecycle.
* Experience in popular testing tools and frameworks (e.g. Selenium, JMeter, Load Runner).
* Firsthand experience with SQL, RDBMS.
* Experience in Unix/Linux environments; tools and scripting.
* Strong interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills.
* Desirable experience and skills:
* Experience in mentoring junior team members and collaborating with external development partners.
* Experience in Hadoop and products (e.g., Cloudera, MapR, Parquet, Hive) in the Hadoop ecosystem.
* Experience with ETL products and large-scale data warehousing concepts.
* Understanding and experience of data preparation, reporting and analytics tools.
* Familiarity with Agile software development methodologies and role of QA in Scrum.
Our way of giving back
To our communities, to the world, and to you is a core part of the culture at Qlik. We encourage our employees to participate in our numerous Corporate Responsibility Program initiatives.
The role is located in Newton, MA.
Qlik is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected category or characteristic. We value the diversity of our workforce. If you need assistance due to disability during the application and/or recruiting process, please contact us via the Accessibility Request Form
Qlik is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Qlik via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Qlik. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Qlik as a result of the referral or through other means.