VSA Partners is a design-driven branding and marketing company.VSA was founded as a design firm more than 30 years ago with the belief that design is not only a craft, but a tool for achieving business objectives. As design thinkers, we approach business challenges holistically and aim to break down silos between branding, digital, marketing and advertising.
VSA's Project Management Discipline is the hub for every project VSA does, managing client expectations and guiding VSA teams from start to finish, ensuring the work we do maintains our high standards and keeps our business strong.
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for providing structure and support to the overall vision of assigned projects.
VSA Partners is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive, equitable environment for all employees. All employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit and business need.
* Oversee and direct multiple projects at a time within a given brand or client, potentially across multiple brands, clients, or a singular, complex project.
* Ensure projects meet or exceed internal team and client expectations, including being on-time and on-budget, while occasionally being responsible for one or more Project Managers.
* Interface heavily with senior marketing, technical, and executive management within the client to assure the solution is understood and addresses the customer's business requirements.
* Contribute content and presentation of key client deliverables as required to ensure relevancy, strategy, quality and timeliness.
* Manage and control project scope and the change control process to ensure that projects are executed according to agreed upon scope, schedule and within budget.
* Collaborate with the project team to drive the approach, deliverables, schedule and tools to deliver the project within established constraints. Ensure accurate financial management of the projects.
* Coordinate activities of the project team and ensure project tasks, including scheduling and facilitating project-related team meetings (i.e. kick-offs, status, internal/client reviews), communicating action steps to team, and delivering weekly status reports to project team, the client, and management.
* Develop, maintain, review and/or disseminate project documentation, including status reports, invoices, change orders, project schedules, budgets, and post mortem reviews. Ensure project documentation is produced in the standard format and follows internal documentation processes and is reviewed and approved.
* Work with Resource Management to ensure projects are appropriately staffed, including both employee and contract resources.
* Mentor junior team members and provide employee on-boarding and training.
* Ensure junior team members follow standard policies and procedures and proactively identify and recommend improvements.
* Monitor and raise awareness of all project issues and risks, working with appropriate team members to develop solutions.
* Communicate relevant project information to the client, such as status, risk, issues, or deliverables.
* Additional responsibilities as assigned.
* 5-7 years of experience coordinating traditional or digital projects, preferably in a consulting or agency environment.
* Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or related field, required.
* Experience using project management methodology, including the ability to identify and resolve issues, manage risk, develop detailed task-based work plans and specifications, perform resource allocations and lead team meetings.
* Experience with web development processes and the delivery of solutions with creative and engineering components, advertising projects, digital strategy projects.
* Ability to develop and demonstrate an understanding of the client's business, needs, expectations, and requirements.
* Ability to mentor and direct junior Project Managers.
* Strong knowledge of one or more of the following: web development processes and the delivery of solutions with creative and technology components, advertising, digital marketing, print, and strategy.
* Strong computer skills are required in MS Office (particularly Excel), internet, email, and phone systems.
* Strong organizational and time management skills.
* Strong team player; ability to assist with facilitating teams and clients.
* Ability to interact at all levels of the company and with external parties in a professional manner maintaining effective communication, both written and spoken.
* Ability to be highly organized, accurate, timely and able to prioritize.
* Ability to tolerate stress and be adaptable, flexible, persistent, versatile and handle multiple projects simultaneously and re-prioritizations.
* Ability to organize information, have attention to detail, accurately follow procedures, maintain confidential information and remember important pieces of information.
* Ability to maintain self-motivation and to work independently and in team environments.
About VSA Partners
VSA Partners is a design-driven branding and marketing firm.