Networking for Future, Inc. (NFF) is a Washington, DC based company offering a performance-focused approach to delivering transformational IT business solutions. We take pride in keeping users productive and engaged by providing business and IT teams with the solutions they need to improve their performance in a dynamic, connected world.
NFF is the only Cisco Gold Partner headquartered in the District of Columbia with Advanced Specializations in all major IT disciplines. In addition to Cisco, NFF holds key strategic partnerships with VMware, NetApp, Microsoft, Riverbed, Splunk and many System Integrators. NFF is an ISO 9001:2015 certified company and has been ranked in Inc. Magazine's 500/5000 Fastest Growing Companies list since 2007.
We offer expert solutions relevant to: Network Infrastructures, Data Center & Cloud, Network & Endpoint Security, Application Assurance, Collaboration & Mobility and Staff Augmentation.
About this Position / Responsibilities
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
The Senior Project Manager (SPM) will support the management of project with oversite from the Chief Contracting Officer for Acquisition Systems. This will support the preparation and collection of team deliverables for the project, coordination, financials, reporting and project planning. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing project planning, project management that adheres to best practices; and will ensure that the assigned project is completed on-time, within scope and budget; and produces an extremely high quality of deliverables. The PM will act as the project management lead and will coordinate with the consulting team PM and other project stakeholders and team members, and District agency officials to ensure that work to support of the assigned project are designed, documented communicated and reviewed and that final products are shared on the Microsoft team collaboration site. The selected candidate will be responsible for all aspects of project management including project resources, project planning, scheduling, risk management, scope management, internal and external communications, status reporting, and resource management (internal and partners).
* Evaluates complex situations using multiple sources of information
* Manages and appropriately escalates: delivery impediments, risks, issues, and changes associated to solution development initiatives.
* Ability to lead cross-functional teams and interact with all staff levels.
* Analysis, planning, developing requirements documents (both functional and technical), building functional models, developing procedures, developing functional and technical architectures.
* Assigns and monitors work of project team members.
* Designs and implements processes to monitor and control resources, budget, risks and value to project goals and objectives.
* Establishes, plans, and executes major milestone reviews and decision gates to ensure project completion.
* Exercises excellent verbal and written communication skills and has the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group; software developers, DBAs, network engineers, agency business and technical owners, SME's and senior executive management.
* Effectively manages scope throughout the project duration.
* Maintains accurate project schedules, financial burn rates, change management, project plans, and status reports.
* Will convey a high level of understanding in the areas of software application design, implementation and configuration and system integration
* Will resolve conflicts by demonstrating leadership and appropriate decision-making competencies.
* Understands, tracks and articulates issues / risks / action items; works with responsible owners to address the items on a timely basis; and update the appropriate stakeholders as needed
* 7+ years of experience in project management
* Experience with SharePoint Web Services and SharePoint Site Structure
* Experience with Sql Server 2012/2016, Oracle
* Experience with Microsoft word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
* Bachelor's Degree
* PMP certified
* Scrum and Agile Project Management Experience
NFF offers a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and flexible paid time off options, for eligible employees:
* Medical, Dental and Vision, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account
* STD, LTD, Supplemental Life insurance and AD&D
* Comprehensive 401k plan
* Paid Time Off
* 10 paid holidays
NFF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.