Requisition ID: 43842
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
Do you want to be part of team that is recognized for the excellence in space system and system acquisition and engineering? We are seeking out-of-the box thought leaders who would love to play a lead role in the Software Technology revolution happening at The Aerospace Corporation. The Software Systems Quality and Analysis Department (SSQAD) provides expertise in software systems quality assessment, testing, and modeling for customers which contributes to 100% mission success.
* Serve as a thought leader and senior leader to help shape and advance SSQAD service offerings and new capabilities related to software product quality - in alignment with corporate strategies and imperatives.
* Serve as a senior leader to department projects to increase and update software quality assessment skills and service lines, including static code analysis, dynamic system quality assessment, automated test suite development, and software readiness.
* Key coordinator for research efforts to create modern software product quality assessment approaches. Keep abreast of academic and industry trends and standards.
* Spokesperson and leader for software quality in the context of modern software methodologies, including Agile and DevOps frameworks, in both traditional and virtualized, cloud-based environments, coordinating across subdivisions, and across ETG groups as necessary.
* May be given additional coordination and management liaison responsibilities.
* Act as senior mentor to team members, providing technical guidance, assessment and development insight and or recommendations.
* Participate in new business and/or technical planning efforts.
* Define and manage tasks and projects for customers
* Bachelors Degree in computer science, information technology, engineering, or related technical field
* Ten or more years of professional experience in science, engineering, or other related fields
* Ability to assess impact of software defects on systems reliability, cost, and schedule
* Demonstrated ability to work well with government senior management and SI/SETA personnel.
* Ability to communicate complex software-related issues with program office personnel to influence needed changes in program administration through written reports and presentation to key Aerospace and government leaders.
* Knowledge and expertise in the application of automated testing methods, software systems reliability, government software deliverables qualification, and analysis of software systems structure, quality, and fit for purpose.
* Demonstrated knowledge of applying software engineering principles and practices to software-intensive mission system
* Must have proven experience in working with modern software development and quality assessment methodologies, tools, languages and frameworks as part of a software development team
* Understanding of Aerospace customers' systems, capabilities, and processes
* Demonstrated understanding of agile software development and its application.
* Strong record of successful team participation, leadership, interpersonal skills, and demonstrated initiative.
* Demonstrated ability to lead technically diverse teams and build insightful strategies.
* This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
* The applicant must be willing to travel occasionally
* Masters degree or PhD in Computer Science, or a degree related to the field of interest
* Five or more years of experience on a very large government software systems team
* Demonstrated experience in the successful application of Agile and DevOps methodologies
* Demonstrated experience assessing the capabilities and quality of at least one very large, multi-function enterprise-wide software system
* Demonstrated success in team leadership in rapidly moving project environments
* Demonstrated experience leading a team providing software-related technical services to a wide variety of customers, on time and within budget
* Ability to assess impact of software defects on quality, cost, and schedule