Microsoft is a leader in delivering great online services including Microsoft 365 and Azure for the largest to smallest organizations around the world. The Microsoft identity platform is the identity and access foundation for these Microsoft online services and thousands of other third-party cloud SaaS apps. Security is a top customer concern for adopting cloud services and Microsoft is investing in the identity platform's security for applications. If you are passionate about protecting Microsoft and customer assets in the cloud, Microsoft Cloud + AI has the right role for you!
Our team is looking for a Program Manager (PM) to help us on this journey. You will work directly on building the core infrastructure and experiences that secure application identities on the Microsoft identity platform.
You'll work directly with developers inside and outside of Microsoft to ensure they have everything necessary to design, build, and integrate high-quality apps into the Microsoft identity platform. You'll also work with Microsoft customers to ensure they have the tools to understand the apps in their environment.
* Bachelor's degree in engineering or computer science, or related industry experience
* 6+ years' experience in program management or related business experience defining and creating software features
* Motivated by business outcomes and data-driven decision-making
* Excellent PM fundamentals: feature design, customer empathy, passion for learning, can-do creativity, concise communications and ability to influence
* Understanding of OAuth protocols and application identity security
* Consistent track record of collaborating with PMs and engineers across orgs
* Creativity and optimism grounded in practical engineering and business strategy
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
* Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
You will have a unique opportunity to demonstrate both empathy and technical prowess to succeed. In this role, you'll be working with leaders and developers in many orgs who have their own timelines and agendas. Success means understanding the app lifecycle from start-to-finish and crafting the tools and processes that create a secure application ecosystem on the Microsoft identity platform.
If this sounds like the right environment for you, please join us!
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.