Azure is one of the fastest growing cloud services and securing our customers against threats and attacks is critical to our business. As the growth of Azure accelerates, this team must simplify and drive security across our services, ensure a great customer and partner experience, and create a responsive data-driven customer/engineering feedback loop.
The Security Assurance PM team is responsible for driving the effectiveness of security throughout Azure. The team has the responsibility to simplify and automate security thereby enabling engineers to write secure code, operate services securely, and understand the threats that face Microsoft every day; all without impeding engineering velocity.
As part of the Security Assurance PM team, you will drive improvements to the security development lifecycle and code integrity processes based on emerging threats, identify and remediate technical content gaps, simplify and automate security assessment processes, and help provide guidance to engineers to improve their security posture.
* 7+ years of experience in computer software industry including 2+ years of software program/product management experience
* BS Degree in Computer Science, Electrical & Computer Engineering or Mathematics or equivalent experience
* CISSP, Security+, or SANS SEC401 Security Essentials training or certification
* Deep understanding of the web platform, web developer workflows, and web tools ecosystem
* Ability to ramp on our security technologies and comfortable presenting it internally and to customers and partners
* Collaboration and in cross-teaming skills
* Desire and eagerness to help customers successfully deploy our technologies
* Comfortable working autonomously in a fast-paced environment where new challenges exist around every corner
* Excellent communication skills
* Comfortable and experience in working with customers and partners.
* Good prioritization, time management and organizational skills.
* Ability to take on complex systems and processes and drive simplification and improvements.
* Self-started, who can deal with ambiguity, maintains focus, drives to clarity and provides innovative solutions.
* Good knowledge of Security Development Lifecycle, Security tools and Threat Modeling
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Design tools that take the pain out of security, improve the security development lifecycle and operational practices by delivering security tasks to engineers in a language they clearly understand.
* Building security into the agile development process, developing new ways to deliver security content to the Azure community.
* Driving automation to validate adherence to the security development lifecycle and operational security requirements.
* Work across organizational boundaries to coordinate and integrate with other community and content related initiatives
* Produce and drive virtual and in-person customer/partner engineering sessions to increase the customer and partner voice in the design process
* Define success metrics. Collect, analyze and understand data. Use the data to drive changes and improvements.
* Evaluate and quantify feedback from customers and partners.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.