INRIX is seeking a talented, passionate Senior Program Manager for our Trips product, which provides market leading insights into large scale vehicle and people movement. This is a leadership position for a results-oriented person with the ability to communicate effectively, encourage sound decision-making, and guide their team to successfully deliver on commitments. The applications and services built by the team are highly visibility within the company.
INRIX is the global leader in connected car services and smart cities, a new approach that leverages big data and the cloud to help manage urban mobility. Our products are used by the top automakers, governments, mobile operators, developers, advertisers, as well as enterprises large and small. We are literally everywhere with over 600 customers across 65 countries.
As a Senior Program Manager at INRIX, you will be responsible for end-to-end services that supports this mission. You will work with stakeholders and customers to understand their needs, with engineering to design, develop and deploy the service, and with operations to support the ongoing health of the service. You will use your engineering expertise to lead a multi-discipline team through the development, delivery and deployment of complex projects. You must be capable of presenting strategy, plans and analysis to executives, as well as able to have architectural discussions with the development team. Your primary focus will be on predictable execution, with a strategy and a plan for the future.
You must possess a strong program management background, have demonstrated experience leading large programs, and have a well-rounded technical background in current data and cloud technologies. You must have development knowledge that will allow you to work in an environment of geospatial data, algorithms and large scale data processing. You must be able to thrive and succeed in a high growth environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. You will be expected to demonstrate technical knowledge of complex products and services. You will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, manage risk, and balance the business needs with the technical strategy and constraints.
* 7+ years of program management/product owner experience with proven success at delivering software services in large scale distributed environments
* Proven experience in predictable execution and delivery of globally scaled services in the cloud
* Experience dealing with high throughput, data intensive systems with storage, compute and cost constraints
* Ability to manage a dynamic requirements environment and move it to a predictable, high speed delivery environment
* Understanding and practice in Agile/Scrum
* Good communication both written and verbal
Preferred Qualifications & Experience:
* Experience with open source Big Data technologies and AWS cloud computing
* Experience with engineers coding in Java, Spark, Scripting languages
* Demonstrated ability to think strategically and execute methodically and tactically.
* Experience working with big data processing or many-terabyte datasets
* Experience and interest in Data Science. Experience with probability and statistics is a plus.
* Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
We also have some great perks:
* Great Benefits- We're as good as, or better than, most companies our size. We even pay 100% of our employees' medical, dental, vision, and disability premiums.
* Bonuses and Stock - Because you like to be rewarded and recognized for your hard work.
* Open Ended Vacation Policy- You're an adult and can manage your own vacation time. Work hard; play hard, and don't bother counting the days.
* Lots of free food- We have free onsite snacks and drinks; Friday family style lunches, and stocked fridges with lunch items for everyday!
* INRIX Boat- Get your boat license and we'll pay for the gas. You can walk from your office to the dock in 15 minutes. Take your family and friends skiing or tubing. Yes, it's big and it's fast!
* Free Parking- We have free parking in our covered garage and enough of it to go around.
* Free Bus Pass- If you don't have a car to park.
* Free car- Well not really free... but we have a couple new test cars with the latest traffic technology that you can take home. We pay for the gas or electricity.
* Electric Vehicle Charger onsite
* Family- We don't believe that you should miss your child's play because you have to attend a meeting. The CEO even sends a handwritten card and gift to your child on their special day. How many CEO's do that?
Are you ready to join a different kind of company? Exciting things are happening all the time. Come join us!