The Jira Align team at Atlassian is addressing the challenge of simplifying software at scale. Our focus is on large organizations struggling to connect strategy and execution to drive outcomes for the business. This role requires deep partnership with our teams to solve problems and iterate towards delightful experiences. The team is composed of product managers, designers, and full stack software engineers, working together to create elegant solutions to the complex problems of large organizations. We pride ourselves on the ability to run fast and make data informed decisions to build the best offerings for our customers. You will collaborate with engineering and product managers from ideation to delivery.
Your responsibilities will include user research, driving collaboration with your team on ideas and solutions, communicating intent through mockups and prototypes, usability testing, and working with the product team to experiment and drive outcomes. You will continuously learn about agile and lean methodologies at scale, and how some of our largest customers use Align to drive visibility across their organizations. Your work will impact some of the largest Fortune 1000 companies in their digital transformations and the future of how organizations build software at scale.
More about you
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
* 5+ years of experience working in user experience design (or a related field) on SaaS applications - experience with enterprise applications is a plus.
* Developed a deep understanding of all facets of the customer experience, together with thorough knowledge of the design process, and various techniques to dissect problems and generate new approaches and solutions.
* An understanding of the value of data-informed design decisions, have a natural drive to connect with our users and turn their feedback into insights and new solutions.
* Strong skills in structuring and conceptualizing complex use cases and balancing demanding constraints.
* Experience with HTML, CSS (SCSS/Sass or similar extension language is a plus) and basic JS/jQuery
* A desire to be active in the codebase making changes and committing code pertaining to styling updates
* Are a self-motivated person who enjoys shipping quickly and iterating based on customer feedback.
* Are comfortable being a proactive part of any project, defining measures of success, creatively finding ways to test your assumptions, and also participating in product discussions
* Your colleagues probably describe you as a self-starter, with your head in defining user centered problems.
It's great, but not required, if you have:
* Proficiency in SketchApp or Invision Studio
* Experience prototyping interactions with tools such as After Effects, Keynote, Marvel, Invision, etc...
More about our team
You'll be joining a team that is driven and transparent. We challenge each other constantly to improve our work, learn, and ask hard questions. We're dedicated to agile methodology and are big believers in 'lean' (which means we don't do documentation for documentation's sake). We know the importance of validating assumptions about users and use various types of testing to determine whether we're right (or wrong). Our bottom line is improving our user's experience-no matter what.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and we're at the center of it all. With a customer list that reads like a who's who in tech, and a highly disruptive business model, we're advancing the art of team collaboration with products like Jira Software, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we're out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.