Aura (recently rebranded from Insikt) is a financial technology company that provides small, affordable loans to working families in America. We give our customers access to fairly priced credit and we help them build up their credit scores. We have raised over $100M to date from investors including First Mark Capital, Revolution Ventures and Coppell Capital. We have been named to the INC 5000 Fastest Growing Companies in America, American Banker's 2019 Best Places to Work in Financial Technology and we are ranked #23 on the San Francisco Business Times' Top 100 Fastest Growing Private Companies.
* We are fighting for economic justice.
* Aura is focused on helping real people in communities that have been neglected, forgotten or actively exploited by predatory lenders.
* We are not making products for the 1%. We are making products for millions of hard-working Americans who don't have access to affordable credit.
* We believe in people's potential.
* We believe that when the communities we serve succeed, we succeed.
* Amazing people and technology are at the heart of our mission.
* We are growing. Our product works. If you are interested in being a part of this, then we want to talk to you!
What we are looking for at Aura:
We're looking for a passionate designer to help Aura on our mission to provide financial justice to the underbanked community.
As a Senior Product Designer, you will lead, define, and drive the end-to-end design of Aura's many product interfaces. Our ideal candidate cares about social impact, has strong design ethics, and believes in radical collaboration. To succeed in this mission-driven environment you must be a proactive innovator, system thinker, and thought leader.
What you'll do on a daily basis:
* Work with the product team to design engaging, innovative solutions that address complex business and user needs.
* Lead Design projects collaborating with an agile interdisciplinary team including engineers, designers, product managers, marketers and strategists.
* Create wireframes, conduct iterative user testing, create high-fidelity mockups and work with engineering to see them come to life
* Be a strong advocate for design and thrive in a nimble, start-up environment
* Create beautiful, useful, and desirable user interfaces, experiences and prototypes.
* Use business requirements and user research to assist in developing scenarios, use cases, and high-level requirements.
* Portfolio of work.
* 5+ years of design experience.
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in related fields, or training equivalent.
* Experience working cross-team and synthesizing feedback and input from product management, engineering, and marketing
* Experience designing responsive web, mobile web, and/or on-device mobile applications.
* Experience with agile/scrum
* Experience shipping innovative, successful products.
* Bonus: Spanish speaker, since a majority of our customers are Spanish speaking.
What we offer:
* Competitive salary with equity
* Health, dental, vision, 401K benefits
* English & Spanish classes
* Onsite gym, Yoga classes at the office.
* Convenient location in Downtown San Francisco less than two blocks from BART
* Company commitment to diversity and inclusion - Employees from 50+ countries.