Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
CSEO has a Senior PM Manager role within the Corporate Functions Engineering team supporting Microsoft's critical revenue management infrastructure. We are seeking an organizational leader who can drive a program management team that supports systems that book, report and guarantee revenue receivables across our consumer and emerging commercial businesses.
This role will take an end-to-end focus across contract, payment, credit, banking and accounting systems ensuring that the transactional flow of revenue is complete through to Microsoft's financial reporting results. Extensive engagement with technical and business partners is required and the successful candidate will have strong collaboration and leadership skills.
* 5 years project management skills
* 5 years experience in finance or accounting systems engineering
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience is required
Preferred, not required:
* SAP ERP background or skills
* Background in data auditing, accounting controls and compliance
* Proven ability to drive large scale projects with high collaboration
* Excellent judgment, decision making skills, and the ability to work under continual deadline pressure
* Excellent presentation skills and experience of presenting to senior management
* Excellent written and oral communication
The ideal candidate will have a program management background with a history of building and supporting complex financial systems. This candidate will understand transactional processing, financial reporting, ERP and systems strategy along with financial compliance processes (i.e. SOX and External/Statutory reporting). Team leadership and management skills will be demonstrated along with the ability to work in a high-performance environment.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Project delivery across multiple teams including dependency management, risk management, progress tracking and escalations.
* Present program status and issues on a regular and consistent basis ensuring appropriate actions are taken to prevent delays or financial compliance risks
* Writing, executing and triaging scenarios and test cases
* Creating high quality user stories including testable Acceptance Criteria
* Ensuring projects consistently meet standards and policies (agile, security, privacy, etc.)
* Ability to manage multiple releases at the same time using agile sprint delivery model
* Understanding technical architecture to determine project impacts.
* Engaging with Software Engineering to ensure on-time project delivery
* Leading a team of program managers to meet the above goals
* Formulate strategies for improvements and changes to current business plans, policies and procedures
* Prepares financial and business-related analysis and research
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.