Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation's most important work. We're a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselves-to respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers.
Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways-not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter.
Perspecta's talented and robust workforce-14,000 strong-stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let's make an impact together.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
Seeking a motivated SENIOR PHOTOGRAMMETRIST in support of NGA Integration Test & Image Quality Office (TAC) on the Acadia program. Join a skilled, highly respected and long standing team supporting product quality mission for NGA. This is a unique opportunity to enhance your career by working with the community subject matter experts, directly with the customer and with project autonomy not customarily given as a government contractor. Based on the priorities of the customer, the photogrammetrist will support product evaluations, quality studies, new product initializations, product algorithm assessments, or develop image quality equations to quantify the expected quality of a system given various parameters. Candidate should have a working understanding and practical application of modeling geometric components of the image collection path to fully assess the geolocation and mensuration accuracy of a system. Imaging systems could include electrical-optical, radar, lidar, hyperspectral and/or multispectral on board space or airborne platforms. Simulation and modeling experience and ability to develop algorithm description documentation for software development is needed. Familiarity with current GEOINT systems, products and development, as well as the exploitation software packages will be necessary to develop test and verification methodologies. The candidate will work within an existing team to complete tasks as prioritized by government customers. Good communication and team work is necessary. A history of delivering results is critical to success.
The specific sub-tasks and activities to be performed include, but are not limited to:
* Sensor modeling; decomposing product formation elements to quantify the overall quality of the image chain
* Geolocation and mensuration accuracy assessments
* Modeling geometric collection path to trace the exact location of a point on the ground to the pixel location on an image
* Support engineering analysis activities, including assessment projects related to the National System for Geospatial-Intelligence (NSG)
* Performing baseline assessment of system performance to support sensor initialization
* Operational monitoring of system performance over time
* Responding to detected errors and artifacts by recommending possible causes and corrective actions
* Bachelor or Advanced Degree in Image Science, Engineering, or Physics
* 10+ years of experience working with electrical-optical, radar, lidar, hyperspectral and/or multispectral imaging platforms
* Geolocation and mensuration assessment experience
* Image processing and Digital Signal processing experience
* Significant applied knowledge of sensor imaging systems, products, and exploitation processes
* Strong understanding of the systems engineering lifecycle to include independent testing and data verification
* Strong written and oral communication skills, with emphasis on briefing to obtain decisions and solve technical issues and test plans/reports writing
* Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
* Willingness to learn, solve problems and perform in a dynamic work environment
* Track record of delivering results
* Understanding and application of image quality standards (e.g. NIIRS), scales, metrics and image quality equations.
* Knowledge of NSG tasking, collection, processing, exploitation and dissemination (TCPED) image chain, specifically the inclusion of radiometric support weather data and material properties (NEFDS).
* ASPRS membership or professional certificate
* Experience working in a DoD or IC operational environment
* Experience developing engineering code (C, Python, Matlab, IDL) to solve hard problems and create processes for repeatable results.