As a Package Consultant at IBM, get ready to tackle numerous mission-critical company directives. Our team takes on the challenge of designing, developing and re-engineering highly complex application components and integrating software packages using various tools. You will use a mix of consultative skills, business knowledge, and technical expertise to effectively integrate packaged technology into our clients' business environment and achieve business results.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Senior Over the Shoulder Project Support Consultant duties will include:
* Post-Deployment Support - 90-day support period including On-Site Support to designated Hub locations that also service surrounding spokes.
* On-Site Support resources will deploy to provide functional coverage across the principle business process areas implemented at each command-designated hub site. In this capacity, the On-Site Support resources will report to a government-identified Hub Site Implementation Team Lead for daily tasking and direction. On-Site Support personnel will work out of the hub site location and support spoke locations from that central hub. Decisions on the numbers of On-Site Support resources and allocation among different sites are made jointly between the clients leadership and the Deployment and Change Management teams.
* Support knowledge transfer to increase site knowledge of the clients processes and transactions.
* Provide on-site business process focused expertise to help end users gain confidence in business processes and system transactions such as entering/approving documents, pulling reports, executing business within the clients for BUMED staff supporting operational needs as they relate to our client.
* Participate in resolving help desk calls and escalating for War Room support as necessary.
* Provide informal training for users on how to track their documents from inception to completion, guiding them towards the discovery and troubleshooting of their own issues.
* Provide "first line of defense" for help desk support to BUMED users for the following:
* Problem resolution, which will include any corrections or updates necessary from the go-live and post-deployment support timeframe of the BUMED integration, as well as general help desk support items.
* To support the surge of help desk tickets that occur during the transition period, normal help desk operations are modified to include OSS as initial end user support.
* OSS escalates tickets to the War Room as required to accelerate resolution of issues and stabilization.
* The War Room team will work with the Command Direct Support Helpdesk to coordinate the capturing and resolution of help desk tickets to ensure accurate metrics are collected.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
* 5+ years of experience in SAP Working Knowledge of SAP (FI FM CM SC RM PP&E).
* Knowledge and experience with GFEBS.
* Knowledge and experience with STARS-FL (Navy Finance).
* 5+ years of Gov't Finance experience.
* 5+ years of facilitation, training, coaching, or mentoring experience in SAP.
* Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret clearance.
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
* Working Knowledge of SAP.
* Working Knowledge of STARS_FL (Navy Finance), preferred.
* Working Knowledge of GFEBS, preferred.
* Active DoD clearance preferred.
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Preferred Education: None Commissionable: No
Key Job Details
* Required Education:Bachelor's Degree
* Position Type:Professional
* Employment Type:Full-Time
* Contract Type:Regular
* Req ID:245600BR
* Location:ARLINGTON, VA US