The Senior Database Administrator (DBA) reports to the Director of Database Systems and is responsible for performing both advanced and all general database administration functions including overall database and system design, Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC) configuration, system design and maintenance, Golden Gate configuration and maintenance, database installs including upgrading and patching, backup and recovery including standby database management, replication, streams and employing both advanced and general performance tuning strategies. The Senior Database Administrator also works closely with the Development Team in troubleshooting SQL statement issues and presenting fact based findings to developers to improve processes. This position plays a role in making recommendations to improve web application processing issues and design. Additionally, the Senior Database Administrator should be familiar with administering and operating the Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) tooling.
* Experience administering Oracle8i -11g and other RDBMS including MySQL * Knowledge of and experience with Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) tooling and how it interacts with other Oracle database tooling * Experience in UNIX/Linux environments with a thorough understanding of the underlying operating system. * Experience in shell scripting. * Experience in database change management/data management through the various stages of the system development life cycle. * Advanced knowledge and experience in physical/logical database design. * Advanced knowledge and experience utilizing backup and recovery principles Recovery Manager (RMAN). * Advanced knowledge and experience in space management and capacity planning Advanced System Management (ASM). * Advanced knowledge and experience in database security management. * Advanced knowledge and experience in database architecture and system design. * Advanced knowledge and experience in database performance tuning principles. * Makes technical presentations to Senior Management and internal customers. * Advise Senior Management on ways to improve overall system and database processes. * Ability to handle multiple/conflicting projects and deadlines. * Ability to work on call and provide 24/7 production support. * Demonstrated communication skills with management, development teams, vendors and systems administrators.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
* 8 to 12 years Oracle DBA experience
* Bachelor's degree or commensurate DBA experience
* Knowledge of and experience with Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) tooling and how it interacts with other Oracle database tooling
* Must have Oracle Golden Gate Replication experience
* Must have Oracle RAC experience
* Excellent communication skills
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
* Oracle Streams, High Availability systems, Partitioning, Data Guard/Standby Database, Change Data Capture, Data Warehousing
About Business Unit
Digitization is accelerating the ongoing evolution of business, and clouds - public, private, and hybrid - enable companies to extend their existing infrastructure and integrate across systems. IBM Cloud provides the security, control, and visibility that our clients have come to expect. We are working to provide the right tools and environment to combine all of our client's data, no matter where it resides, to respond to changing market dynamics.
Your Life @ IBM
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Preferred Education: Bachelor's Degree Commissionable: No
Key Job Details
* Country:US * State:TEXAS * City:DALLAS * Category:Technical Specialist * Required Education:High School Diploma/GED * Position Type:Professional * Employment Type:Full-Time * Contract Type:Regular * Req ID:239116BR * Location:DALLAS, TX US
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.