For decades, Samsung has been leading the charge on innovation. We see beauty in achieving excellence and our passion for change fuels our discoveries, inventions, and breakthrough technology. We believe that technology can, and should, make the world a better place, so we create new possibilities for people everywhere, push the limits of what's possible, and constantly innovate.
At Samsung Electronics America, we take pride in the creativity and diversity of our talented people - they are at the forefront of everything we do. Their skillset and mindset drive our continued success. Only the resilient and resourceful thrive in the daily dose of unexpected at Samsung. We unapologetically push to achieve unforeseen potential in everything we do, both within the workplace and at home. We fearlessly face challenges head-on, conquer the unconquerable, and are comfortable living in the uncomfortable zone. Together we make the impossible possible. Because at Samsung, we Own the Unknown.
Are you ready to #OwnTheUnknown? Join us.
Role and Responsibilities
If you have ambitions to be a part of a Best in Class organization, Samsung's Wireless Networks team is the place to be! The role of the Wireless Networks Team is to support our carrier customers through innovative technology road map. The dynamic culture at Samsung offers both great challenge and great reward. If you want to work among the very best talent in the industry, working on the most innovative products in the world, Samsung is the place to be.
We are looking for an NFV Core System SME to join our Wireless network team. You will be a key contributor as a subject matter expert in a multi-functional team of R&D, Systems engineering, and product validation to introduce Samsung products to Wireless Carrier. You will lead testing for NFV based Samsung systems (e.g. MC-PTT, 5GC, 5GNR, etc.) with NFV platform expertise to support FFA activities, launch systems for US operators, and provide Tier-3 level field issues resolution expertise within Service Level Agreements (SLA). As the SME, you'll also support new business development activities, such as customer Demo and Lab & Field trial of new NFV based core systems for US operators.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Manage and contact-point for system test and technical supports for customer
* Develops and performs test plans including TOL (Test Object List) preparation
* Lead system level feature integration and verification including inter-operability test with external elements from other vendors
* Troubleshoot and analyze problems in customer's lab, and production systems i.e. tier3 support and RCA submission within SLA
* Manage production systems deployment/configuration and acceptance test at customer sites
* Responsible for new system commissioning by developing system configuration data and golden system parameter
* Ability to travel up to 20%
* Subject Matter Expert in driving the technical solutions to customer through complex organizational dynamics
* Leveraging your ability to communicate effectively with all levels of organization as well as HQ partners on initiatives
Excellence Dealing with Ambiguity
* Bringing your experience in problem solving and ability to navigate complex organizations with pivotal shifts
Skills and Qualifications
Background & Competencies Required:
* Minimum of 10 yrs. of hands-on experience in system test and technical customer support
* Bachelor's Degree in EE/CS with 10 years; Advanced degree is beneficial with 8 years
* Good understanding of NFV platform concept, LTE EPC , 3G wireless core networks
* Extensive experience with IPv6, IPv4, switches, routers, and firewalls are required
* Be able to understand feature requirement/design document and create test procedure
* Strong understanding of OpenStack, DevOps, NFV, MANO technology
* Load balancing and security functionalities of OpenStack and SDN controller
* Must have knowledge of OpenStack deployment, VM environment, and troubleshooting
* Network Administration
* Good IP knowledge and routing protocol, IPv6, TCP/IP, UDP, ECMP, OSPF, VLAN, IPSec, NAT, IP forwarding
* Experience with CDMA core system protocols such as IOS A1/A2, IS41, ISUP, SIP/SIP-T, MEGACO, and RTP
* In depth understanding of LTE and EPC technologies
* LTE Call Flow Diagnostics
* LTE Core Interface, S1, S6a, S11, DNS, Gx, Gy, S2a, S5/S8, S6b, SGi, S1-U, NAS, GTP-U, GTP, DIAMETER, RADIUS, and others
* SIP, IMS, and IP telephony standards
* VoLTE, Deep Packet Inspection
* Exposure to programming in Python, Java, Perl, and Unix/Linux shell scripting is plus
* Exposure to commercial test simulators and test systems such as Spirent, Aeroflex, Tektronix
* Strong knowledge of Wireshark or other IP protocol analyzer
* Exposure to Cisco router configuration is plus
Necessary Skills and attributes:
Demonstrated ability to interact at all levels within customer's organizations. The ability to negotiate with and convince others, in a potentially adversarial environment, including customer leadership, directors and managers with opposing views to accept/approve plans, technical and project recommendations. The ability to plan, organize and prioritize multiple strategic programs and simultaneous performance objectives. The ability to write, read, interpret, explain and act based on a thorough understanding of technical documents, engineering materials and contracts or related documents. Ability to make professional sales and business presentations in writing, through email, reports, or orally, including complex business and technical matters to an audience of high technical skills, management and operational experience. Ability to support a cross-functional Samsung team to achieve customer contracted objectives and specific team goals within established time frames and requirements. Assist in and if needed direct the Samsung team in lab and field trials related to introduction of products sold to the customer.
Work is generally performed in an office environment. Operate a computer keyboard and view a video display terminal between more than 50% of work time, including prolonged periods of time. Requires considerable work utilizing high visual acuity / detail, numeric / character distinction and moderate hand / finger dexterity. The movement and transportation of equipment, most of the time is under 25 pounds. Performs work under time schedules and stress which are normally periodic or cyclical, including time sensitive deadlines, intellectual challenges and project management deadlines. Machines, tools, equipment, and work aids include PC's, printers, copiers, faxes and other equipment commonly associated with an office work area. May require working additional hours beyond normal schedule. Travel varies depending on position. Consistently demonstrates a commitment to policies and procedures, including but not limited to, attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest and ethical responsibilities.
Samsung Electronics America, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provides Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.