Every day, the people of TSYS® and Netspend® improve lives and businesses around the globe through payments. We make it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions including credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. We are "People-Centered Payments", and our team has the unique opportunity to help create a world in which payments make people's lives easier and better. This is both a tremendous honor and an important responsibility for those who accept the challenge. If you are looking to make a valuable difference for people everywhere - and for yourself - we may have the right place for you.
As the industry's leading choice for payment solutions - all under one roof, the passion, and entrepreneurial spirit continue to forge the path ahead at TSYS. Behind every payment is a real person, trusting us with their money. And we never forget it. We succeed because we put people, and their needs, at the heart of every decision. It's an approach we call 'People-Centered Payments®.'
At TSYS, we're building the next generation of technology that powers our People-Centered Payments. Code is our currency. We believe that small, empowered, self-motivated teams can do big things. You'll find that we're a driven, curious and pragmatic bunch who believe in choosing the right tool for the job, as we're inventing the next generation of payments.
Small teams, big things: we tell you the solutions our customers need, provide you with the tools and support to succeed, and then we let you work your magic with no unnecessary processes to hold you back.
Develop, grow, thrive: We promote a culture where you can develop and grow your skills. We encourage you to try new techniques, approach problems in unique ways, learn from your colleagues and master your craft.
Real people, real problems: We develop software to solve real-world problems faced by our customers every day. All of our Team Members work together to build the right thing the right way.
We have a curiosity for how things work, and we believe that sharing ideas and insights will lead to better, more innovative products.
The Senior Network Engineer will be responsible for network architecture, design, administration, documentation, configuration, optimization, and troubleshooting. The individual will participate in the ongoing support of network systems using current and emerging technologies. With an internal SLA objective of 5 9's s/he will maintain overall network health in a 24/7 environment and carry out network tasks based on business objectives and strategy. Also, that candidate is expected to be a self-starter who can operate well under a variety of different situations and types of projects, ranging from a team of one to a team of many.
* Responsible for supporting all network infrastructure including but not limited to switches, routers, load balancers, firewalls, etc. Oversees proactive network grooming, life cycle management, upgrades, bandwidth capacity management, and high priority incident, change and problem management.
* Manages highly visible/risky changes and ensures network infrastructure is running efficiently. Acts as Network Engineering liaison to peers in Engineering, Architecture, Information Security, and Production Support.
* Responsible for life cycle management of network production devices, including but not limited to, upgrades, capacity reporting, etc. Represents Network Engineering on the Architecture Review Board meetings. Works closely with System Engineering and Security to stay abreast of upcoming network-related initiatives, as well as, notifies these groups of re-occurring issues within the network realm.
* Ensure the availability, performance, and operational integrity of Network Engineering domain.
* Align systems solutions/technologies to complement and support business/strategic plans.
* Make recommendations for emerging, new, and altered technologies that would contribute to system productivity and cost savings improvements.
* Establish system management criteria and develop, maintain, and monitor procedures and policies.
* Coordinate appliance and software upgrades with vendors and teams as necessary.
* Coordinate capacity, planning and analyze information for hardware tuning and integration.
* Issue technical bulletins to inform users of system changes and act as technical advisor.
* Maintain and engage network analyzer utilities to measure, record, and analyze network bandwidth requirements.
* Provide IT management with regular reports detailing network usage, security, and voice system service levels, maintenance, turnaround, and response times.
* Evaluate and manage service contracts for network data systems, including recommendations for renewals and cancellations.
* Schedule and coordinate with the Security team to conduct Network and Information Security assessments.
* Coordinate the development of a comprehensive Network and Systems Disaster Recovery Plan, maintain the plan, and conduct periodic testing.
* Actively participate in IT strategy sessions to assess and determine the applicability of new and emerging system and network technologies.
* The successful candidate must be a self-starter, work with limited supervision, a team player and able to communicate with other team members, management and the customer community.
* 5+ years of professional experience and a Bachelor of Arts/Science or equivalent degree in computer science or related area of study; without a degree, three additional years of relevant professional experience (8+ years in total).
* Solid experience with CISCO networking technology including ASA Firewalls, Virtual Private Networking, and Wireless Access Points.
* Strong experience with implementing and maintaining Extreme Networks Switches, OSPF and BGP, routing, and VLAN tagging.
* Certifications Extreme (ECS, ECE, ECA) and/or Cisco (CCDE, CCIE) certification and experience supporting routers, switches, and hubs.
* In-depth knowledge of LAN/WAN Protocols including but not limited to MPLS, VOIP, and Multicast Routing.
* 5 years' experience with routing protocols, VOIP and QoS configuration on both routers and switches.
* Proficient with Spanning Tree Protocol, Bridge Protocol Data Units (BPDU) and best practices related to STP configuration.
* Microsoft Windows server administration skills.
* Strong security awareness and focus; fundamental knowledge of security principles, disaster recovery, and backup procedures.
* Has sufficient depth and breadth of technical knowledge to be individually responsible for the design and scope of deliverables within a field of expertise.
* Able to communicate and present complex issues with assurance and confidence. Demonstrate the use of following skills which includes questioning, listening, idea development, and influencing.
* Ability to conduct/lead oral status/technical interchanges meetings with clients on small to medium sized engagements.
* Owns and produces the necessary documentation. Has the ability to translate technical details into concise and easy to understand written documentation.
* Ability to work with a team to provide written responses to technical proposals and reports/documentation for delivery.
* Ability to operate in a fast-paced, mission-critical environment
* Team focused
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
* Bachelor's Degree
* Relevant Experience or Degree in: No degree specified
* Typically Minimum 6 Years Relevant Exp
* 6-8 years of enterprise networking experience and/or a Bachelor's Degree
Not Ready to Apply? Join Our Talent Community!!
TSYS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) committed to employing a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. For more information about your rights, click here.
Qualified individuals with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations to assist in their pursuit of employment with TSYS. This includes assistance in completing the job application (online or otherwise) and reasonable accommodations during the hiring process. For assistance with reasonable accommodations needed to apply for a job, please contact the TSYS Pay and Benefits Center between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. Eastern Monday-Friday at +1.706.644.8747 or +1.877.644.8747 or email at PayandBenefits@tsys.com.
Outside of US Applicants:
TSYS is committed to diversity and equal opportunities for everyone. We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants and team members are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability, age or any other characteristic prohibited by law. For more information, please refer to our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, found here.