MetroStar Systems is looking for a Senior Network Engineer that loves to showcase his or her talent in a unique, challenging environment providing network services in support of leadership at the highest level of government. If you want to join a company that values your ability to work independently, showcase your superior knowledge and well-honed skills, and are open to commuting to Downtown Washington, D.C., we want you to work for MetroStar!
If you are up to the challenge, come be a game changer and join our team!
You're a great fit if:
* You can apply your knowledge of complex data and voice networks to satisfy real-time requirements
* You like the challenge of providing network services to fixed and mobile locations
* You enjoy project planning and implementation and are able to resolve complex network disruption issues
* You're passionate about your profession and you are willing to see projects through from conception to completion
You'll love our company if:
* You have 5+ years of professional working experience as a Network Engineer
* You have at least 2 (two) years of experience with CISCO routers, switches and firewalls
* You have at least 2 (two) years of experience doing LAN management, configuration and network security
* You understand the intricacies of complex data and voice networks
* You have at least a high school diploma
* You currently have an active TS/SCI security clearance.
We'll REALLY love you if:
* You possess expert knowledge of Cisco routers, Cisco VoIP Call Manager and Publisher
* You have expert knowledge of Cisco routers, switches and firewalls
* You have knowledge of Palo Alto networking devices, SPLUNK, and SolarWinds
* You have three (3) years experience managing/directing personnel in the planning and implementation of enterprise-wide solutions (Simultaneous Technical and Management Experience is acceptable)
* You have a BS degree (or higher) in an IT related field
* You are Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) certified
What your day will look like:
* You'll work with a team of seven (7) dedicated professionals to plan, configure, maintain, and monitor the organization's data and voice networks
* You'll also provide procurement and long range planning advice to the customer as well as participate in interesting and challenging projects with varying degrees of complexity
* You'll provide day-to-day support of classified government systems and networks
The Admin Stuff: Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for potential access to classified information. Accordingly, US Citizenship is required
The Legal Stuff:MetroStar Systems is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of MetroStar Systems.