Advanced Group leverages over 30 years of expertise in talent acquisition, staffing, and outsourcing solutions to operate the award-winning Advanced Group family of brands, including Advanced Clinical, Advanced Resources, Advanced RPO, and WunderLand Group. Together, with mastery across professional disciplines and global markets, we're dedicated to make a difference, every day, for our clients, our candidates, each other, and our communities. Advanced Group's Shared Services team provides corporate services such as Marketing, Human Resources, Finance & Accounting, IT, and Operations to each of our brands. Our employees are the foundation of our energetic and collaborative environment, where constant learning and service to others take top priority. We seek dynamic, hard-working team members who are inspired to work amongst diverse backgrounds and perspectives. From our altruistic mission to outstanding career development opportunities, there's no better place to grow your career than Advanced Group.
The role requires an experienced Server/Sr. Network Engineer with a high-level of professionalism and interpersonal skills.
The ideal candidate will have experience administering internet-connected servers and applications for Windows. You must have excellent troubleshooting methodology and superb customer service skills. This position requires the applicant live in the Chicagoland area and travel to locations within the Chicago area with occasional travel to out of state offices.
* Maintain current network infrastructure.
* Server provisioning and maintenance.
* Diagnose, isolate and resolve network and service outages in local, nationwide and international offices.
* Network planning and management.
* System monitoring and emergency response for mission-critical environment.
* Test and implement new equipment or technology as it becomes available.
* Level 3 support for helpdesk team.
* Maintain network security applications.
* Support Exchange infrastructure and Office 365 implementation.
* Maintain complete technical documentation.
* Suggest improvements to network performance, capacity and scalability.
* Communicate and educate team on technical issues/improvements.
* Budget development for network operations in conjunction with the Director of IT.
* Bachelor's Degree or Associate Degree with relevant work experience.
* Minimum 5 years in a Windows Server/networking environment.
* Well versed in installation and support of server technologies such as Microsoft Windows Server, Active Directory, Group Policy, Remote Desktop Services, IIS, Microsoft Exchange Server, and Microsoft SQL Server.
* Expert in Active Directory design, installation, migration, and management with proven experience in migration.
* Expert in Exchange Server design, installation, migration, and management with proven experience in migration.
* Virtualization with VMware or Hyper-V.
* Familiarity with design, installation, and configuration of network technologies such as routers, switches, firewalls, wireless, VPN, web filter/proxy, spam filters, etc.
* Familiarity with installation, configuration, and support of various 3rd party AntiVirus and backup hardware/software.
* Experience with Office 365 for email, OneDrive, and related apps.
* Skilled with Microsoft Azure, Azure AD and SSO.
* Familiarity with UPS systems and storage systems such as NAS and SAN
* Familiarity with installation and support of desktop technologies such as Microsoft Windows 7/8/10, Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer/Firefox/Chrome.
* VoIP/IP Telephony a plus.
* Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Proven excellent customer service experience dealing with users in a dynamic environment.
* MCSA Windows Server or MCSE
* CompTia Network+ or Cisco CCNA
What's in it for you? Advanced Group offers competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits packages, and a flexible work environment designed to help our team members and their families stay healthy, meet their financial goals, and generally thrive in and beyond work. Visit the links below to discover all that Advanced Group has to offer:
Our Culture: https://careers.advancedgroup.com/embrace-our-culture
Career Development Opportunities: https://careers.advancedgroup.com/realize-your-potential
Community Programs: https://careers.advancedgroup.com/unleash-your-passion
For a complete list of all of our job openings, please visit Advanced Group's career site here.
It is Advanced Group's practice not to discriminate against any employee or applicant because of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation or sexual preference, pregnancy or maternity, genetic information, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
This practice applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, training, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, layoff, Company-sponsored education, social and recreational programs, and treatment on the job. If you have a disability or handicap and would like us to accommodate you in any reasonable way, please inform your recruiter so that we can discuss the appropriate alternatives available.