Senior Network Engineer
The Engineer will be required to design, operate, maintain, support and interact with complex LAN, WAN, MAN and wireless networks in a production environment - specifically with Cisco ASA, Cisco Anyconnect, Cisco Nexus, 4500, 6500, 3700, 3800 Cisco switches, Cisco Prime, Cisco ISE, Cisco WAPS and WLCs
* The Engineer must have the understanding and ability to implement Cisco and industry best practice solutions into a production environment when needed. The engineer will also be supporting additional networking equipment such as F5 load-balancers, Riverbed Steelhead WAN optimization as well as Riverbed Mobile Client, and external carrier networking services.
* Primary Objective - Beyond what the person in the position actually does, list the primary goals and objectives of the position for its overall contribution to the organization.
* Configuration and troubleshooting Cisco routers and switches including but not limited to the following models: 4500, 6500, 3700, 3800, 2900, ASR
* Configuration and troubleshooting Cisco Nexus platforms, Cisco ASA for client and site-to-site VPN
* Configuration and troubleshooting Cisco enterprise wireless (Cisco WLCs, Cisco WAPs, Cisco AnyConnect Client)
* Configuration and troubleshooting of F5 Load Balancers (LTM and GTM)
* Configuration and troubleshooting Riverbed Steelhead and Riverbed Mobile Client
* Managing Network related tickets through ServiceNow
* BS in computer science or related field
* CCNA certification
* 5 or more years of experience supporting an enterprise class production network
* U.S. citizen or have legal right to work in the USA without sponsorship (Agency check will be required for this position)
Experience, Skills, Abilities:
* CCNP certification
* ITIL certification
* Skills in using analytics, logic and reasoning to troubleshoot issues and find the best solutions to overcome challenges
* Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks with conflicting priorities
* Previous experience supporting a Federal Government Agency
* Must be able to interact knowledgeably with security systems and personnel. Other duties as required. Periodic on-call support and after hours work are a requirement.
* The position is in Washington, DC with some travel to remote data centers and regional offices within the US as required infrequently.