We currently have a job opening for a Senior Network Engineer at NASAs Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, MD. This is for NASAs Mission Network supporting the International Space Station, JWST, Hubble, EOS, as well as most NASA Satellite Missions. A Mission Network Engineer will be part of the NASA GSFC Mission Network Engineering Team. The Network Engineer will lead activities related to NASA Mission network total life-cycle support to include requirements gathering, designing, implementing, and maintaining. An understanding of network design, troubleshooting, and customer interactions are key requirements of any candidate. The NASA Mission Network is made up of sites throughout the US and OCONUS composed of primarily Cisco and Juniper networking devices. The devices include Juniper MX480, MX80, J6350, EX4500, EX4300, and the SRX family and Cisco 3600, 2900, 2800, 6500, and others.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience (4 years of additional experience in lieu of degree);
* Excellent organizational skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Well versed in Layer 2 (TDM and Ethernet) technologies.
* Proficient in IPv4 addressing and Variable Length Subnet Masking.
* Proficient in IGP and BGP routing on Cisco and/or Juniper platforms.
* Hands on experience with Cisco and/or Juniper Routers and Switches
* Ability to capture business requirements, and clearly, formulate strategies, design, and operational methodologies.
* Ability to document and present each methodology with minimal supervision.
* Juniper level JNCIP or Cisco Certification level CCNP
* Knowledgeable of MPLS
* Familiar with Cloud Technologies
* Configuration of network devices using First Hop Redundancy Protocols (HSRP and VRRP)
* A good understanding of IPv6 to include addressing and routing (OSPFv3 and IPv6 BGP)
* Experience with Network Management Systems (NMS) such as HP- Openview, WANDL, HPNA, and HP NNMi
* Linux system administration experience
* Experience in QoS implementations on Juniper and Cisco platforms
* A good understanding of Firewalls
* Must have current Public Trust / NASA clearance
* Must be able to obtain a Secret security clearance
Millennium offers a comprehensive benefits package. Millennium is An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Millennium does not discriminate on any basis prohibited by applicable law including race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, citizenship status, or Vietnam era or special disabled veteran's status in recruitment, employment, promotion, compensation, benefits, or training. It is also Millennium's policy to maintain a work environment free from discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation.
Millennium participates in the E-Verify program.
Job Req: 2532