Foot Locker, Inc. (NYSE: FL) is a $8 Billion company with 43,000 employees worldwide and approximately 4,500 athletic retail stores in 24 countries in North America, Europe and Australia under the brand names Eastbay, Foot Locker, Lady Foot Locker, Kids Foot Locker, Footaction, Champs Sports, SIX: 02, Runners Point and Sidestep. We attribute our success to the drive and intelligence of our Associates. Operating in team-driven culture, our goals and achievements as a company are boundless!
We are looking for a Front End QA Automation Engineer to join our dynamic Foot Locker team, in our Chicago, IL office.
The successful candidate will be a key contributor to the overall quality of the products developed within the frontend teams (web and native mobile apps), together with other team members. Agile is key to our journey and you will play a big role in building and developing the agile organization. You will work together with our QA team in driving their test strategies towards major initiatives and continuous product development.
You will be responsible for implementing standards in automated and manual testing solutions. You will look to match the best testing technology and solutions to our pipelines, constantly on the hunt for ways to improve things. You will also be hands-on with our scrum teams' day-to-day work, interacting with developers, product managers, and designers on a daily basis to deliver on sprint goals. You are a software engineer and thrive on applying your technical skills to build elegant solutions to meet quality goals. You have a big picture view of how mobile/web infrastructure works, how code gets built, tested, and deployed. You know how to make the end-user experience great.
* Apply proven analytical and problem-solving skills
* Communicate test progress, test results, and quality of application changes.
* Analyze test results to discover and report out on defects.
* Document defects effectively and collaborate with developers to see them resolved
* Work with the scrum team to ensure that all stories have well defined acceptance criteria, test plans, and any hooks needed to enable testability
* Diagnose issues to determine scope and provide reproduction scenarios
* Work with business community to plan and execute UAT.
* Able to test Front-end & Back-end application and web services
* Knowledge of debugging a defect
* Work closely with the Product, QA Automation, and Development teams during all phases of the software development lifecycle.
* Track multiple test executions simultaneously and synthesize results.
* Proactively identify new tools/processes/approaches and continuously strive to find ways to improve the overall testing strategy
* Ability to work well with on-shore and off-shore teams.
* Deliver high quality product releases
* Thrive in an agile environment where design decisions are made collaboratively every day
* 2+ years of related SDET, Quality Assurance Engineering experience
* 1+ years of hands-on Mobile automated testing experience in iOS and/or Android with Appium, or Mobile Manual testing, if 1+ years of Web Apps Automation using Selenium Web Driver. Preference for experience with B2C apps.
* 1+ years of Web Automation using Selenium Web Driver
* Testing experience with Responsive websites preferred
* Clear understanding of automated testing as it relates to websites, client/server systems, mobile, and APIs
* Strong experience with using device simulators in XCode and Android SDK.
* Strong technical understanding of either iOS and/or Android platforms (preferably both) and the differences between each
* Knowledge of working with cloud based consumer platforms
* Familiarity with CI systems and app distribution systems (Jenkins, Hockey, GoogleBetaTestGroups, etc)
* Experience assembling sanity and regression test suites
* Experience providing estimates to complete QA related tasks
* Familiarity with Jira, Confluence, continuous integration and deployment tools like Jenkins
* Minimum Required- Bachelor's Degree. (In CS or EE is preferred).
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
* Experience configuring continuous integration systems, such as Jenkins
* Results oriented and takes initiative
* Positive attitude, collaborative, and a solid team player
About Foot Locker
Foot Locker is an athletic shoe and apparel retailer.