Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
* Perform in an agile scrum team - build, unit test, and deploy the software
* Lead delivery, and build application level architecture for the engineering team, and implement user stories
* Provide technical leadership to product delivery
* Drive the team and collaborate to meet project timelines in a sprint
* Develop software using Agile framework
* Implementing API and data streaming capabilities, building cloud deployment platforms, and working across fully automated stacks in a CI/CD ecosystem
* Build and deliver in DevOps model using automation and CI/CD pipeline
* Partner with DevOps teams on resolving code defects, and continuous improvement of the code
* Be an individual contributor (very hands-on) as well as able to guide and mentor team members.
* Engineer innovative solutions to meet the needs of the business
* Implement best practices and coding standards
* 8 years in the software engineering profession
* 5 years' experience with technology development stack
* 5 years' experience in a technical lead position and providing technical guidance to a team
* 5 years of project and program management experience
* Azure cloud platform engineering experience
* React JS framework knowledge
* Drupal CMS knowledge
* Experience with CA Agile Central (aka Rally)
* Experience working across fully automated stacks in a CI/CD ecosystem
* Healthcare experience
* Strong development skills
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
For more information on our Internal Job Posting Policy, click here.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Sr Mgr Software Engineer, Schaumburg, IL, Illinois