Plano 1 (31061), United States of America, Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Manager, Software Engineering (Java, Scala)
As a Capital One Senior Manager, you'll work on and lead the engineering team responsible for notifying groups on activity within our cloud services. You'll bring a love and passion for development, cloud computing, quality engineering, and a desire to mentor and manage more junior developers. You'll have solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: Scala (functional programming), Java, streaming architectures, Kafka, and Kubernetes.
What you'll do:
* Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
* Enable and reinforce agile practices, especially self-organizing teams
* Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
* Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
* Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
* Bachelor's Degree or military experience
* At least 8 years of software development experience
* At least 2 years experience as a people manager or in a team leadership role
* At least 2 years hands on development experience with Scala
* At least 2 years experience managing software development projects through complete release cycles
* Master's Degree
* 10+ years software development experience
* 3+ years experience as a people manager
* 2+ years of hands on programming experience with either ErLang or Haskell
* 5+ years of experience in Agile
* 2+ years of experience building and deploying applications on cloud - AWS/Google Cloud/Azure
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new applicant for employment authorization for this position