Location: San Diego, San Francisco & Santa Clara
We are looking to hire a passionate, self-directed and tenacious individual who will become a key developer / influencer on the ServiceNow's Platform Security Development team.
Be a part of the exciting, fast paced team that ensures that our customers data is always secure and protected in our cloud-based enterprise platform. The Platform Security is a highly motivated and productive development team at ServiceNow. Our mission is to provide the security framework that is used to secure ServiceNow applications. This includes Crypto technologies, ACLs, Roles, IP Security, Domain Separation, and Scoped Application Administration.
Who we are
* Team is everything to us, we have a solid trust in each other and in our purpose
* Anyone who joins our team is expected to express their ideas and trust that the team will listen
* Our team is results driven. All members become contributors and internalize the ownership of the outcome as much as any other member of the team
* Our team members are hungry and aggressive learners
* Learned knowledge is shared amongst the team
* All members stay on top of the industry news, follow standards and make sure to understand breaches that are reported in the news (and make sure they do not happen to us)
* All members respect the team process to drive to team results
What you will be doing
* Participate in our Agile development process and help to solve security problems
* Architect software design, provide accurate time estimates, develop test plans and test strategies
* Coordinate cross team efforts including the management of resources, integrations, requirements and dependencies
* Design, develop, implement, test, and debug, multi-threaded, multi-processing enterprise software applications and associated user interfaces
* Oversee the release of key features
* Working with customers to understand and solve security issues
* Discovering and documenting root cause analysis for known product defects
* Research and develop state of the art security/encryption solutions
* Mentor Jr. members of the team
* Have fun!
* In depth knowledge of JVM, Java Structures and APIs, Java Threading etc.
* Experience writing and debugging Java multi-threaded programs
* Rapid comprehension of platforms and complex systems
* Experience with Java Servlets, REST, and SOAP
* Experience with XML and JSON stream parsers
* Familiarity with Unix shell and source control systems and tools such as git, maven and ant
* Knowledge of public and private key cryptography, digital signatures, digital certificates, PGP, and encryption protocols such as TLS/SSL is a plus
* Knowledge of authentication protocols such as basic and digest authentication, SAML, LDAP, and OAuth
* Experience with networks, load balancers, proxies and databases