McLean 2 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Manager, Data Engineering - Card Technology
Do you want to work for a tech company that writes its own code, develops its own software, and builds its own products? We experiment and innovate leveraging the latest technologies, engineer breakthrough customer experiences, and bring simplicity and humanity to banking. We make a difference for 65 million customers. We have grown to see ourselves as a technology company in consumer finance.
Your commitment to learn new things is every bit as important to us as what you have already done. Maybe even more so because we don't want to be doing the same thing tomorrow that we're doing today. You accept change, want to grow, and evolve into a better member of the team.
What will you work on as a Capital One Engineering Leader? You will drive design, implementation, testing, and develops in an Agile environment, using modern methodologies, and open source tools. You'll be empowered to choose the way you work (Mac or PC, iPhone or Android). You will bring solid experience in designing and delivering software applications,and lead teams that are at the forefront of disrupting the financial services segment.
* Collaborating as part of a cross-functional Agile team to create and enhance software that enables state of the art, next generation Big Data & Fast Data applications
* Lead, manage and grow multiple teams of product focused software engineers
* Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of engineers on your team
* Building efficient storage for structured and unstructured data
* Developing and deploying distributed computing Big Data applications using Open Source frameworks like Apache Spark, Apex, Flink, Nifi, Storm and Kafka on AWS Cloud
* Utilizing programming languages like Java, Scala, Python and Open Source RDBMS and NoSQL databases and Cloud based data warehousing services such as Redshift
* Utilizing Hadoop modules such as YARN & MapReduce, and related Apache projects such as Hive, Hbase, Pig, and Cassandra
* Leveraging DevOps techniques and practices like Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Test Automation, Build Automation and Test Driven Development to enable the rapid delivery of working code utilizing tools like Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, Chef, Terraform, Ruby, Git and Docker
* Performing unit tests and conducting reviews with other team members to make sure your code is rigorously designed, elegantly coded, and effectively tuned for performance
* Bachelor's Degree or Military experience
* At least 5 years of professional work experience in data warehousing or analytics
* At least 3 years of software development for data engineering
* At least 3 years of data modeling development
* At least 1 year of experience working with cloud data capabilities
* Master's Degree or PhD
* 5+ years Java development experience
* 2+ years of experience in Python, Scala, or R for large scale data analysis
* 2+ years of Agile engineering experience
* 2+ years of experience with the Hadoop Stack
* 2+ years of experience with Cloud computing (AWS)
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.