Contract : CDI
Location : 94 avenue Gambetta, 75020 Paris
Remuneration: According to profile
This is a French speaking position, not opened to freelancers or agencies.
The Lead Architect (m/f) will architect, design and develop, and document complex system and software application architectures. He/She will identify and own all technical commitments Publicis.Sapient makes to clients and work with other disciplines to ensure successful delivery of all project work.
The Lead Architect (m/f) will assure the overall technical quality of the solution and be able to explain architecture decisions and their rationales to client management and technical teams.
He/She will provide mentorship and guidance to technical team members in all project activities and will manage/mentor small teams within the technology discipline.
The Lead Architect (m/f) will keep current with methodology and technologies (e.g., via technical journals, conferences, and personal research) and contribute materially to the shared knowledge base of the firm, act as a thought leader in a specific area. In addition, this role will develop expert-level competencies in numerous application frameworks and solutions, and assist project teams in scoping and estimating project work.
* Define architecture, responsible for reviewing code and ensuring the quality of code
* Deep knowledge of all web technologies commonly found at Fortune 1000 clients including Java, .NET, Social Technologies, Content Management Systems, Portal Technologies, eCommerce platforms, Rich Internet Applications, Web services / Service Oriented Architecture
* Work with other disciplines to satisfy business requirements and provide technical constraints
* Provide innovative solutions to push the boundaries of technical constraints
* Work with Technology Director/ Group Technology Director to establish a collaborative environment between technology and the other disciplines
* Lead technical teams on medium to large sized project.
* Responsible for mentorship and guidance to technical team members in all project activities on multiple small to medium sized projects or one large project
* Responsible for day to day work assignments within a project
* Report status to PM and/or client
* Write technical documentation (admin guides), white papers, presentations, contributes to determining internal processes
* Assist Business Development and project teams in scoping and estimating project work for medium to small sized projects, may present at pitches to clients
* Identifies new opportunities and ideas for clients.
* Develops innovative ideas for an account, and for projects and pitches
* Interviews job candidates as requested
* Follows standard policies and procedures; recommends improvements as appropriate
Team Mangement (Lead Architect) :
* Responsible for ensuring that the team stays on schedule and participates in regularly scheduled meetings to discuss account health, opportunities, risks, etc.
* Lead technology teams and enhance and deepen client relationships
* Utilize their industry knowledge
* Identify key issues that are associated with clients within their industry
* Identify specific challenges and determine priority for them
* Drive team to solution
* Share and implement solutions
* Maintains a low staff turnover across the engagement and contributes ideas on programs to maintain positive environment for staff to achieve low staff turnover
* Supervises 1-5 employees (which will include TAs and Developers)
* Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with policies and employment laws
* Ensures direct reports who are managers carry out the same supervisory responsibilities
* Elevates issues about direct report to compensation manager
* Works with Senior Management to develop and/or promote best practices for the team
* Builds team expertise by mentoring/training junior team members
* 10+ years of experience designing and developing web applications using various technologies and languages
* 3+ years of experience in managing teams and people
* Strong background with Java/J2EE, JSP, JSON, ANT, Sitemesh, Aspect J, Jackson, etc.
* Experience with open source technologies and frameworks such as Struts, Spring, and Hibernate
* Experienced in object oriented analysis and design
* Proven communications skills including technical writing and presentation
* Efficiently working in a team based environment and assisting junior resources
* Experience with enterprise application servers such as Microsoft, IBM WebSphere, or JBOSS is a plus
* Experience with eCommerce products and portal products such as ATG, Hybris, Demandware, WebSphere Commerce, or Escalate is a plus
* Experience with Content Management Systems, such as SDL Tridion, Adobe Day/CQ, Fatwire, or Autonomy TeamSite is a plus
* Understanding Web application development concepts including architecture, design, building, testing, and deployment.
* Experience selecting and working with third-party vendors and partners to design and integrate external solutions and products
General Knowledge and Skills:
* Creative thinking and analytical problem solving
* Ability to collaborate effectively at all levels and functions
* Strong client-service orientation
* Track record of leadership, coaching and mentoring abilities
* Proven ability to manage projects to successful completion, multi-task, and work within tight deadlines
* Sound business acumen; strategic skills
* Ability to lead a team effectively and provide direction to other members on the team
* Strong negotiation skills
* Demonstrated prowess in all MS Office applications
Publicis Sapient is a digital transformation partner helping established organizations get to their future, digitally-enabled state, both in the way they work and the way they serve their customers. We help unlock value through a start-up mindset and modern methods, fusing strategy, consulting and customer experience with agile engineering and problem-solving creativity. As digital pioneers with 20,000 people and 53 offices around the globe, our experience spanning technology, data sciences, consulting and customer obsession - combined with our culture of curiosity and relentlessness - enables us to accelerate our clients' businesses through designing the products and services their customers truly value. Publicis Sapient is the digital business transformation hub of Publicis Groupe. For more information, visit publicissapient.com.